Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Worldwide Insurance Claim Experience - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boat Insurance (Sponsored Forums) > Let's Discuss Your Boat Insurance

Old 08-17-2015, 07:05 AM
Minnow

Default Worldwide Insurance Claim Experience

I had an unfortunate experience with my lower unit on my 200 Verado and a boulder just below the surface at 22mph. Kind of a sick feeling, glad I had the kicker on the back to get me to the landing……..after fishing of course!

I had bought insurance from Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine Underwriters after reading about his firm on this forum. Now that I had a claim I was worried about the fact that I had bought insurance on the internet rather than from a local agent. I didn’t know the agent (just referrences on this forum and a short conversation with Bob while purchasing the policy) and I never had Progressive Insurance. I had a restless nights sleep. I called the phone number on the progressive card and actually talked to a person. They explained the claim process, took a statement on the collision, and helped me locate Mercury dealers in the area. I called one I trusted with a good service and sales reputation and had the boat inside their fence by 4pm. Progressive notified me the following morning that an adjuster was assigned to my case and would meet with the dealership to access damage and repair options. What happened next really surprised me, after I hung up there was another call from an unrecognized phone #, it was Bob Luellen. He had been notified I had a claim and wanted to make sure the claim process was proceeding as well as I expected and if not what could he do to help. He then gave me his cell phone # and told me to call him if any problems occurred as he was fishing a tournament that weekend and this was Friday. How many insurance agents would do that!

The repair estimate & process went very well, both the adjuster and the marina were very thorough, making sure all possible damage was addressed. Repair was completed in two weeks, the boat water tested and ready for pick-up. Total cost $6800, $500 deductible, Progressive paid $6300.

I can't imagine the claim could have been handled faster or more professionally. Thank you Bob and Progressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Keeper

Great to hear you and the boat are ready for the water! Claims like this are great to hear about
Old 08-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Minnow

thanks for reassuring my choice to leave my local agent last week and go with bob on my new ranger and pontoon. he was almost half the price and had better coverage too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Keeper

Default I'll piggy back on this thread...

I bought a new-used 2014 Ranger this past winter and decided to reevaluate my insurance. I poked around on the internet and found all the info on this forum. Short story even shorter, I went with Bob this past Winter. I too had some reservations about buying insurance off the internet and off of forum recommendations. But after speaking with Bob on the phone I realized I would be getting much better insurance for the same price...which translated to lower risk and better value. So, I felt okay about it and figured I would never need it anyway...42 years of boating and never had a claim (which was why my price didn't get much lower...I was already getting pretty good rates) Unfortunately, I got to put my new policy to the test on my first outing out with my daughter this past spring on Devils Lake. I broke the skeg and bent the prop shaft. I dropped the boat at the shop and they went over it and wanted to replace the LU with a new SEI lower. For personal preference reasons I did not want an SEI, I wanted an OEM Mercury LU on my less than a year old boat. I spoke to Bob, he made some calls, new Merc LU. That happened.

Bob provided great service and great results.

I couldn't be happier with Worldwide Marine. Buy with confidence.

Last edited by Sam I am; 09-16-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Minnow

You're In Good Hands With ......................Bob.

Tags
insurance