Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Governor signs bill allowing homeowners to shoot intruders! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 07:26 AM
yellowdog guest

I think you need to understand the whole doctrine. It isn't just about killing an intruder. If someone breaks into your house(even the drunken neighbor kid) and they slip and fall down your stairs, under the castle doctrine they can no longer sue you for damages. You are also protected if you use less than deadly force on an intruder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Noah Cantell

Default Shoot - Don't Shoot

Actually, CCW Permits and the training that goes with them tell the applicant to do everything they can to avoid shooting. This includes "Running Away" from the danger until they can't run any more. It's not a matter of being chicken. Shooting someone is the very last resort. Even if everything is in the defenders favor, The firearm will be confiscated, anywhere between 48 hours to several days in the hoozgal slammer, possible following law suits, and a lifetime of unfavorable flashback memory. The bottom line is that you, and/or your family are alive to go through that process. I live in Arizona where gun laws are fairly liberal; frankly, it's the last frontier. When I moved here from California and went into my first Arizona Gun Shop to inquire about such and so, the man behind the counter said "Welcome to freedom". I carry every day. When I started to carrying it felt weird. Now, if I don't carry it feels weird. I also pray - every day - that I don't have to use my firearm. Then, I pray, if I do have to use it, that I wont hesitate to do so. Carrying a firearm is a big, BIG responsibility. While I make it somewhat difficult to draw my weapon on purpose, if it comes out of your pocket the next automatic thing is to pull the trigger. I Think about that when my hands on the butt.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

I've recorded several episodes of Personal Defense TV and review them often.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
William Munny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Cantell View Post
Actually, CCW Permits and the training that goes with them tell the applicant to do everything they can to avoid shooting. This includes "Running Away" from the danger until they can't run any more. It's not a matter of being chicken. Shooting someone is the very last resort.
My instructor was a police officer that taught the class on the side. He informed our class to announce to the intruder that you (me), had a weapon, and that the police were called. If they stayed in the house, and made themself visible, empty the clip into their chest, and to only stop squeezing the trigger when you were out of ammo.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Common sense is the key phrase. Even with castel doctrin if some drunk accidentally stumbles into your house and you kill him YOU are probably going to prison.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Minnow

Default That is why you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
Common sense is the key phrase. Even with castel doctrin if some drunk accidentally stumbles into your house and you kill him YOU are probably going to prison.

ALWAYS lock your door when leaving or coming. They have to break into my house and what the dogs don't get i will.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Wallhanger

Three things I was taught growing up....

1.) Never point a gun unless you plan on shooting.

2.) Never shoot unless you plan on killing.

3.) Dead men tell no tales.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Wallhanger

I don't need no law to tell me that.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
I've recorded several episodes of Personal Defense TV and review them often.
Well, you're all set then. :wink:
Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
Even when it's the neighbor's kid who had too much to drink and stumbled into the wrong house?
The law does not include immunity for shooting a minor or a law enforcement officer.

It defines "castle" as home, motor vehicle, or place of business.

It is irrelevant if the intruder is armed or not. If they have forcibly entered, or you have reason to believe they have forcibly entered, you have the right to defend yourself and family with deadly force.