Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye on Muskie Baits... - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2004, 02:27 PM
mcgruff

Default RE: Walleye on Muskie Baits...

in one day my buddy and myself caught two walleyes 28 1/4" and a 28 3/4 on crankbaits fishin in 7 feet in the weeds. earlier this year we were fishing an area where we had 4 fish come hard on jackpots but wouldnt eat so we came back at dusk and my partner had a 29" come straight out of the water to nail a jackpot. probably will never see that again. Also the day we doubled on the walleyes we had about 14 different walleyes in the 27-30" range follow an assortment of baits including a 30" that thrashed at a top walker at the boat at 4 in the afternoon in 85 degree weather, sunny and cloudless day. We also lost a couple of big walleyes including one that i lost that was so big that i would feel like an idiot if i said how big i thought it was when it came half way out of the water and shook the hook. i have caught all of the biggest fish of my life on musky baits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Mike G.

Two years ago while fishing the Fox Chain in Northern IL I had a 29" 8.2 lb walleye hit a Jackpot. My first thought was that I had snagged a carp, because we were fishing in about 3' of water over some very dense weeds. I have also had a walleye or two take swing and a miss at my Jackpots while fishing in Vilas Cty. WI. You just never know!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Wallhanger

I've fished Lac Seul for years, primarily for walleye, but fish musky regularly too. The biggest walleye I've taken there was on a Red/White Super Shad Rap(29.5")casting to shallow rocks. My biggest Lac Seul Smallmouth also came casting for musky-21" on a Firetiger SuperShad Rap in a narrows between lake sections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Wallhanger

I've fished Lac Seul for years, primarily for walleye, but fish musky regularly too. The biggest walleye I've taken there was on a Red/White Super Shad Rap(29.5")casting to shallow rocks. My biggest Lac Seul Smallmouth also came casting for musky-21" on a Firetiger SuperShad Rap in a narrows between lake sections.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Michael H. MN

Hello, I am new to the site and in fact fairly new to the sport of Musky and Pike fishing. I have recently returned from a trip to Smith Camps on Lake of the Woods Ontario Canada where I picked up two walleyes on a 7 1/2" hot orange grandma which turned out to be the hot bait for the entire week. The first walleye was a 2 pounder and the second a 26" 5 1/2 pound fish. All in all, the group of 3 of us boated 7 nice muskies and twenty some pike that went over 34" It was a great trip. Thanks
Old 10-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Slot Fish

Hey hey.

I been on the Island all summer.

Did nail a 29" eye on a 8" Perch ReefHawg mid July.
BIG fat fish.

Gobble, gobble?

Hounds looked at me funny as they know we don't nomaly get into Wallys while tossing them BIG chunks O Lumber.
: )

Keep on Rock'en!

Tom Wehler

www.muskytomsguideservice.com
Old 10-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Musky Chaser 1

I was fishing in a pike tourny in June of 2003 and boated a 32" wally on a perch coloured Sledge.
CPR it lives.
Marc
Old 10-22-2004, 05:17 PM
fish nazi

edd does not speak the truth. he tells everybody he fishes the river and bay out of duluth but I know he fishes Boulder Lake (not the reservoir). he lies. sneaky edd.