Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
No Alumacraft changes for 2015 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Wallhanger

I'm all for Alumacraft not making changes if that can keep their prices low. I really like the brand for the value it provides. It fills a niche and they have great boats. But I guess my complaint is that I keep hoping for a better windshield boat that is more family oriented. Kind of like what Lund has done in the Crossover and Tyee. I really like Alumacraft's tillers, but their windshield boats never seem to fit all my needs for me. I have too many gripes about the Trophy to ever make that boat work for me. And more than just the lack of family features. It's many other things as well. But cannot beat the prices. I saw a 2014 18 foot Trophy with the 140 Suzuki for $26K and change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenswake View Post
. But I guess my complaint is that I keep hoping for a better windshield boat that is more family oriented.
Are you talking about adding a ski pylon?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Wallhanger

Alumacraft is my boat preference. I looked at both them and lunds before I decided at this point in my life it was wiser to buy a used boat that I would own.

A guy I fish with at leech has a 17' Mr. Pike. Really nice boat and I would buy one.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
Are you talking about adding a ski pylon?
Ski pylon, bow cushions, lower gunnel height, thinner gunnels in the bow to allow for more room, etc. I also don't like the top down storage of the Trophy gunnels. The Competitor Sport is closer but doesn't have the stern jump seats and the floor space is eaten up by the side floor storage boxes.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenswake View Post
Ski pylon, bow cushions, lower gunnel height, thinner gunnels in the bow to allow for more room, etc. I also don't like the top down storage of the Trophy gunnels. The Competitor Sport is closer but doesn't have the stern jump seats and the floor space is eaten up by the side floor storage boxes.
Alumacraft is a fishing boat manufacturer, and a good one. Your talking about something different. If aluminum is what you want check out the Lowe fish and ski "FS" models. They are exactly what you describe. Mirrocraft Dual Impact may be another option.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Wallhanger

Someone needs to check their Market Share info closer, Aluminum Deep V manufacturers Lund is #1, past Tracker and Aluma......
Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenjaw View Post
Competition is always strong in the aluminum boat market and Tracker still sells the most boats made of aluminum (pontoons, jons, canoes, v hulls, etc) in North America.
- Lund sells the next most.

I think Tmac must have the marketshare numbers mixed up, Alumacraft actually is second in Marketshare with more than Lund and Crestliner combined in aluminum boats in the USA. Might want to check your numbers again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
Someone needs to check their Market Share info closer, Aluminum Deep V manufacturers Lund is #1, past Tracker and Aluma......
Why don't you guys publish the actual reports, so us "civilians" can see the data.

Otherwise, it's just mud-slinging.

HRG
Old 09-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Minnow

Wasn't the glass AlumaCraft a Alpex,man I am getting old!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Why don't you guys publish the actual reports, so us "civilians" can see the data.

Otherwise, it's just mud-slinging.

HRG
Personally I'm more interested in the boats/motors themselves.

They used to sell a ton of Renault Alliances, till people figured out they had the longevity of preservative free bread.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
Alumacraft is a fishing boat manufacturer, and a good one. Your talking about something different. If aluminum is what you want check out the Lowe fish and ski "FS" models. They are exactly what you describe. Mirrocraft Dual Impact may be another option.
But that's my point. Plenty of guys need a boat to pull dual duty. Other guys need the creature comforts there in order to get the wife on board with the purchase. Lund, Lowe, Mirrocraft, Starcraft, Crestliner, Princecraft all have a boat that meets these needs. I just wish Alumacraft did too because I like the brand and the price.