Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 Oneida Lake Open - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Minnow

Default 2016 Oneida Lake Open

Hello Walleye Fishermen. I have scheduled an Open format, team walleye tournament for Oneida Lake, Syracuse NY for May 21st, 2016. This event may be the single largest payout walleye tournament scheduled for Oneida Lake in 2016. Also planned in a "big fish Friday" for tournament anglers and several Calcutta side-bets will be available.

You can find the entry form here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...29677435305705

Format and Entry Fee: i1 Baits Open Walleye Tournament shall be a two‐angler team event. No one may fish alone. The entry fee shall be $325 per team* for main event. Big Fish Friday and the calcuttas are side events, participation is encouraged, however not mandatory. Secondary events have additional costs and are not included in the $325.

Registration: In‐person, on‐line and Mail‐in registration will begin on Friday March 4th and will continue until registration closes at midnight on May 17, three (3) business days before the scheduled start of the main event.
All teams are expected to have read and understand the tournament rules and in signing or submitting their entry form agree that they have read the rules, participation agreement and release of liability.
If a team does not understand the rules set forth they may question the tournament director for clarification at or before the official tournament briefing.
All teams will be assigned a priority number upon receipt of their application and payment. This number will coincide with their flight placement for takeoff.

Boat Requirements/inspections: All boats must meet all U.S. Coast Guard and appropriate state or nation requirements.
All boats entering i1Baits Open Walleye tournaments are responsible for carrying an insurance policy. Each boat must have properly aerated or re‐circulating live well space to maintain a live catch.
All outboard motors will not exceed the horsepower limitation as indicated on the manufacturers rating plate.
All teams are required to be at the official launch site for mandatory boat inspection between 5:00am to 6:00 am tournament mornings.
No tournament boat may come in contact with any other boat during the tournament hours except in an emergency.
Teams are not permitted to exit the boat during tournament hours except in an emergency.

Safety: Each Contestant must wear a US Coast Guard approved personal floatation device at all times when the main engine is running, in gear and operated above idle or trolling speeds. Good sportsmanship and safe boating must be observed at all times.

Sportsmanship: All contestants are expected to uphold good sportsmanship and courtesy to other contestants, the fishing and boating laws of New York State. Any team or team member found in violation of these rules or the laws of NYS may be disqualified and will not receive tournament prizes, including cash prizes, trophy’s or other awards.

Fishing license: Both team members must enter his NYS fishing license number on the Entry Form. Failure to provide license information before the start of the tournament may result in disqualification.

Off Limits/boundries: This event is for Oneida lake walleyes only. Teams may fish all areas of Oneida Lake that are open for public fishing. Man‐made marinas, whether public or private are specifically prohibited.
For the purpose of this tournament Oneida lake shall NOT extend into the Oneida River past a vertical line drawn straight down from the Eastern most portion of the Northbound Rt. 81 bridge. Any bridge crossing a tributary equal to a point directly below the Northern most portion of any Rt. 31 Bridges. Eastbound from the spot directly below the Westernmost portion of the Rt. 13 Bridge in Sylvan Beach.
The Northern tributaries may be fished up to any point directly below the Southern most portion of any Rt. 49 Bridge.

Weather: The Tournament Director will begin each tournament only during acceptable weather conditions. We will not launch under small craft advisory. It is each team’s responsibility to be aware of weather conditions, when on the water, and to take safe shelter if conditions become unsafe. Teams will be permitted to weigh their fish providing they have returned before the tournament deadline time or the ending of bad weather conditions as determined by the Tournament Director.

Check In: Boat live‐well inspection and safety checks will start at 0500hrs. Normal tournament take‐off time will be 0600hrs. Boats will be released by order of registration number. At the start, each boat’s take off number is called from the Tournament Director’s Boat. Each team must display their boat number and to the official starter and verify their starting flight and return time.
If you are late to start, proceed to the directors boat and after the last number is called, you will be released. Your designated flight and return time will not be amended.
Any boat that fails to make the starting call may be disqualified.
All teams must return to the official checkpoint by their designated flight times(1500hrs,1515,1530,ect). Penalties will be assessed for late arrivals at a rate of .5 pounds per minute. After fifteen minutes the teams total bag will be disqualified. (Teams have the full minute to arrive safely. Any penalty will be assessed after the first full minute expires....ie. 3:00.01‐59 seconds is ok....3:01 begins the penalty phase)
In the event of a breakdown on the water, one team may transfer their teams fish (in a separate and closed/sealed weigh bag or suitable container) to another tournament boat and receive a ride to the weigh‐in.
Under this type circumstance, all angling must cease for both teams involved. Prior to moving fish or stranded anglers, the broken down team must make a reasonable effort to notify the tournament director the situation and circumstances.

Bag limits/weigh ins: Teams may bring to the scale only five fish per team. A minimum length of fifteen (15”) inches per fish is required. All small fish will be measured on the official i1Baits Tournament measuring board by the tournament staff/director. If a team brings to the official weigh in area more than the tournament limit of five(5) or a short, less than fifteen (15”) inch fish, that team will be disqualified. This is intended to be a live fish weigh‐in. A penalty or deduction of .25 lb per dead fish will be assessed and deducted from the team’s total weight. Dead fish will not be included in the Lunker Pool and will not be used to break ties.
In the event of a tie for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the team’s biggest single fish will be weighed. If the tie continues, a coin toss, best 2 of 3 with alternating teams calling will break the tie. For ties involving 4th place and below, tied awards will be combined and divided evenly between tied teams, with the lesser value prize place being eliminated. (ie. Two teams tied for 5th, 5th and 6th place awards combined and divided, 6th place eliminated and 7th place will be the next award.)

Pay*Outs: Payouts will be calculated based on the number of teams that participate, roughly 1in 5. Entry fee for the i1 Baits Oneida Lake Walleye Open is $325 per team. This covers the main event and Lunker pool. Big Fish Friday is a separate paid event as are all Calcutta style side bets. Boat launch fee is not included in either price, however it may be added if necessary.
*****$5000 first prize and $1000 Lunker Pool is based on fifty teams participating.*****

Last edited by i1 Baits; 03-28-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Slot Fish

maybe i missed it or didnt read thoroughly but I didnt see where the start/take off will be.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Minnow

The MOST LIKELY launch site will be the Onondaga County Park and Oneida Shores. I have two alternate sites, both on the South shore. The final decision will announced well before the last day applications will be accepted. Thanks, Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Minnow

Default 2016 Oneida Lake team Open

Registration for the 2016 i1 Baits Walleye Team Open tournament closes at midnight on Tuesday May 17th......That gives everyone ONLY THREE DAYS.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1 Baits View Post
Registration for the 2016 i1 Baits Walleye Team Open tournament closes at midnight on Tuesday May 17th......That gives everyone ONLY THREE DAYS.

How many boats are signed up currently?
Old 05-23-2016, 06:05 AM
Charter Member

Curious also. How did the tourney go, and how many boats?