Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
River Monsters - Eagle Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-22-2016, 06:31 PM
Slot Fish

Default River Monsters - Eagle Lake

Jeremy Wade on Eagle lake right now searching for a lake serpent, interviewed some guy named Gord. Witnesses saying they saw some sort of serpent and a couple of people even attacked.

Must be a good sized Musky? Jeremy looks like he was using a Joe Bucher Top Raider. Now headed to Rowan lake.

Last edited by BrianE; 05-22-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

That was actually two years ago, but the serpent is still loose......
Old 05-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Wallhanger

Woman that I work with spends her summers working at a lodge in SE AK and the river monsters crew did a show on their river. Crew spent some time trying to find people who would say they were scared of giant king salmon or had heard stories of attacks. My faith in humanity has been seriously eroded by the knowledge that "reality tv" isn't that real.

Last edited by kzoofisher; 05-23-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

Yes... I also stopped watching "River Monsters" shortly after the "Eagle lake" episode. Obviously, he is running out of story lines ....not too many of the episodes made sense before "eagle lake" but due to "exotic" aspect, I'd watch.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzep View Post
Yes... I also stopped watching "River Monsters" shortly after the "Eagle lake" episode. Obviously, he is running out of story lines ....not too many of the episodes made sense before "eagle lake" but due to "exotic" aspect, I'd watch.
Yeah you can classify that episode as "Jumping the Muskie"
Old 05-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Keeper

Default All for TV

Jeremy wade is a panzy
Old 05-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Minnow

I read all about the episode after it aired 2 years ago and the Eagle Lake people said nothing but good things about the crew and Jeremy. Mentioned that the guy is indeed a world class fisherman.

Last edited by Redline; 05-23-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
Jeremy wade is a panzy
Nope, far from it. He is genuinely interested in all aspects of fishing, but is not afraid to ask for help or direction. There is no "star" quality or attitude with him or any of the crew that was with them. All very hard working and sincere on what they are trying to do. That said it is t.v. and drama is kind of the theme of the show. I can't say enough about how nice a group they were.......and not everyday you have Jeremy Wade in your kitchen carving up some chickens......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2640 (746x1024) (3).jpg
Views:	302
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	213321  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Nope, far from it. He is genuinely interested in all aspects of fishing, but is not afraid to ask for help or direction. There is no "star" quality or attitude with him or any of the crew that was with them. All very hard working and sincere on what they are trying to do. That said it is t.v. and drama is kind of the theme of the show. I can't say enough about how nice a group they were.......and not everyday you have Jeremy Wade in your kitchen carving up some chickens......

Thank you for sharing this. I remember your story about the show before.

The internet is full of jealousy and hate. I actually feel sad for guys like Musky.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Thank you for sharing this. I remember your story about the show before.

The internet is full of jealousy and hate. I actually feel sad for guys like Musky.
Thanks, and I'm sure if Musky met Jeremy he would have a different opinion. It was a reaction that I, and another local that was in the show noticed from others. Some were excited while others seemed bitter, and I hate to say a bit jealous. It was an interesting lesson on human behavior. I don't care what others think, it was a fun experience. Maybe not the best show in the world, but it has a large audience.....and likely hard to maintain the level of tension as you run out of real "monsters" to chase.........but I give them credit for trying.

As far as his fishing ability.....who could claim to have the pressure of all that the show lays on you, and on the last day hook the "hail mary" fish that you've needed.....but have it hooked on an ultra-light, and with a howling wind making boat control difficult. Never mind a musky on a jig and minnow...no leader, and probably 8 pound test. I give him real credit for landing it........and I was there.........Spirit Rock....