Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mirrorcraft 1876 outfitter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Minnow

Default Mirrorcraft 1876 outfitter

Hi there. Great forum here.i was just curious if anybody out there has 1 of these boats Iam considering buying one. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

I see quite a few of these out on the water and the folks certainly seem happy with their rigs.

Be safe
Old 09-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Wallhanger

I ran a different model Mirrocraft for 9 years. As far as construction it was a good boat. I'm not too keen on their layouts for serious fishing.
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Wallhanger

Default I had one it's was worst! Ugly son biatch!

I do not even count that in my boat ownership lol more nightmare! First boat I owned took a guy's advice that owned several boats LOL. If I learned anything from that, go figure out what you might want or need first before buying!!!!! It was so ugly I did not want to park at house! Called it green barge! Had evinrude fast wind pile crap. Once I figured out kinda what I wanted then got fiberglass with 80 hp wow night and day funner! But lol your looking at something fresh and new sure it's good.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

Bought my Mirrocraft used 2 years ago. It is a 2003 18' deluxe xl It is well constructed with very little wood. I have an occasional loose screw but that should be expected after 11 years Once rigged with two birds, charger, 9.9 kicker and 80 terrova w/ link it fishes great for two people and not bad for three. Nice deck in the front and huge deck in the back. I have used the boat in Canada, Door county, and trolling on Lake Michigan. All good in 1'-2's waves. 3's have to throttle down some. It does everything I need it to do, and after 11 years I am happy with the construction. It is a great basic boat with lots of opportunity for rigging. I could easily add sport track or a trolling bar rod holder if needed? Not as wide and not as much rod storage as a Lund, but more than enough storage for how I fish. Also converts to a ski boat in less than five minutes. If you rig your boat to your style of fishing you will be happy with your selection.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Minnow

Thanks for your replys