Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Official docs to cross the US border - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

The card is good for land travel only. If you are flying between the U.S. and Canada or Mexico you will need a full passport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 AM

why is this so confusing?
is the passport card acceptable only for land ie: us to canada and mexico and the full passport for overseas travel? i have 2 nephews who are going on our annual fly-in for a graduation present and $45 a piece for the card sounds better that $100 for the full passport. thanks and good fishin

Deputy Dog:
Yes, the passport card is for use in north america, you can travel across to mexico or canada with it. If you wish to travel outside those areas you need a full blown passport. "Keep it simple" hope that helps-
Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Unlogged digjig

Default Link to Site: http://www.vacationstogo.com/passport_requirements.cfm

http://www.vacationstogo.com/passport_requirements.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Minnow

Default Canadian air travel

I have found out it is OK with TSA to have reels with line spooled in carry on bag. What I need to know is: Does the Canadian equivilant of TSA allow reels in carry on to be spooled with line? In the past you had to have the line off. Lakerlover
Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman Ted View Post
I took my 7 year old daughter on her first Canadian trip last year and got her a passport to make things easier. That being said I also brought along a notarized letter signed by her mother (my wife), allowing me to travel with my daughter into Canada.

This document was the first thing the Canadian customs officer asked for at the border.
Is this really necessary - a notarized letter from the wife allowing me to travel in Canada with my son?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Minnow

yes it is you have to have it.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Keeper

A group of 4 of us just got back last Sunday the 5th. We had no trouble getting into Canada. On the return, 2 of our guys had not yet received their new passports but did have their tracking #'s. The U.S. agent gave them non-compliant brochures and said that if they tried to get into the U.S. again w/ out having their new Passports, they may be subject to an extensive delay as they continue to cross w/ out the proper credentials.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Exclamation The hang-up I found is often overlooked tell you file.

The hang-up I found in the application process that catches many off guard, and somebody may have mentioned it.....is the "Official Certified Birth Certificate" required to file....my original was not good enough, it was before...but not now...you need to order a new Certified Copy from the state you were born in...old or original hospital documents will not work.

So heads up...order that right off to get it on the road quick, or they soak you for $40 to overnight it when needed.

Last edited by Backwater Eddy; 08-15-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Minnow

Exclamation Crossing into Canada with a DUI on your US Driving record

My friend would like to join me in Ontario but has a DUI on his driving record in the US from 2007.

Is it true that Ontario will not allow people to enter if they have a DUI/DWI on their driving record in the US? Does anyone have the specifics? Like... What if they aren't going to be driving in Canada but will simply be a passenger? Are all province rules like Ontario? Are they banned forever or is it for x years? Is there any way around the ruling?

Please advise. Thanks.

Paul
Old 06-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Slot Fish

For a U.S. citizen to go to Canada with a DUI it is a felony per Canada law. It is not a felony for a Canadian citizen to come to the U.S. with a DUI per U.S. law. (This is why a Canadian can enter the U.S. with a DUI). A person must be charged and convicted for it to be held against you not just arrested and not charged and/or released BBBUUUTTTT hear is the kicker to this, if they want to they can send you back to get your court records if you were not convicted and it shows that there was some form of action taken against you on your record and they don’t believe your story. For the most part only in rare situations will you be sent back to get your court records but it does happen? I hope this helps some of you. Never say never but the big one going to Canada is the DUI.
I thank God every day for our freedom and for our Armed Forces, Pray for their safety each day and thank them for their selfless time and sacrifice to our country. Without them where would our nation be? THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. ~Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Closed Thread