Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pro-am tourny rule question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default Pro-am tourny rule question

I would like to know the reasoning why the "Pro" decides technique, and locations fished when the his Co-angler can basically sit, and watch. I don't know why the time, and technique is not divided equally between each guy in the boat. My complaint is that if you are stuck with a "Pro" who is not working a productive program or location the Co-angler is screwed. I was just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default Pro-am tourny rule question

I would like to know the reasoning why the "Pro" decides technique, and locations fished when the his Co-angler can basically sit, and watch. I don't know why the time, and technique is not divided equally between each guy in the boat. My complaint is that if you are stuck with a "Pro" who is not working a productive program or location the Co-angler is screwed. I was just wondering.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Pro-am tourny rule question

That's why it's called a pro/am format.He owns the boat,equipment and has spent his time pre-fishing which cancels a co-anglers right to decide where and how to fish.That's how the game is played.You'll know within the first hour if your screwed or not.I've always fish the co/am side and know how you feel.Keep quiet and fish harder!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

That's why it's called a pro/am format.He owns the boat,equipment and has spent his time pre-fishing which cancels a co-anglers right to decide where and how to fish.That's how the game is played.You'll know within the first hour if your screwed or not.I've always fish the co/am side and know how you feel.Keep quiet and fish harder!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

It's not like the Co-angler is riding for free. All I'm saying is that if the "Pro" isn't getting it done, the Co-angler should be allowed to suggest an alternate location, and technique.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

It's not like the Co-angler is riding for free. All I'm saying is that if the "Pro" isn't getting it done, the Co-angler should be allowed to suggest an alternate location, and technique.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

If they think they're that good they should enter as a Pro. Then they can call all of the shots.

"Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope"
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

If they think they're that good they should enter as a Pro. Then they can call all of the shots.

"Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope"
Old 01-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Wallhanger

The co is only along for the ride, or as you might say, a spoter for the pro. The tournament is not about the co-angler, it is about the pro. Can he put the proper program together to put the nessesary weight together to win the tournament. That is the bottom line. Hard facts, but true.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Wallhanger

The co is only along for the ride, or as you might say, a spoter for the pro. The tournament is not about the co-angler, it is about the pro. Can he put the proper program together to put the nessesary weight together to win the tournament. That is the bottom line. Hard facts, but true.