Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Replacing Wood Floor in Boat - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Replacing Wood Floor in Boat

Hs anyone tried using MDO plywood? It's used by highway departments to make road signs. No voids and a better grade of glue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 08:30 PM
JWB475

Another poster answered this question on one of the other boards I frequent. He operates a boat repair shop, and they can take your old boat and customize it to your liking. I forget his name, and the company name...

They use standard BC Plywood and put a resin coating on it. They don't like to use treated lumber because it will warp.

I wouldn't bother with the marine plywood, it is expensive, and in my opinion, not worth it.

I redid the floor and deck in my boat with treated lumber, and it is holding up quite well - however it is always covered...
Old 07-13-2004, 05:43 AM

THANKS ALL - Always get answers at Walleye Central.

I haven't gone into action yet, will probably use 5/8 Marine. Looking for a place to buy it now .. I was told that there's some places in Monroe that handle it. I need strength, but need to be able to work with it and want no warping.