Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Keeper

I am right on the Ny/Pa border,minutes from where the NB runs into Pa!!!I live on the Ny side now but grew up on the Pa side,but always and still just minutes from the river.Got a small Jet boat (20 horse merc) I run,but thats basically all ya need here.

The farthest south I ever boated/fished was Wysox,but basically Ulster is the lowest I ever go.I like the Pa side better because I knew/know the spots better,but putting in my time on the Ny side has been paying off lately.Especially with a friend living on the river here to dock my boat for the summer,no more hauling it..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSTER View Post
I am right on the Ny/Pa border,minutes from where the NB runs into Pa!!!I live on the Ny side now but grew up on the Pa side,but always and still just minutes from the river.Got a small Jet boat (20 horse merc) I run,but thats basically all ya need here.

The farthest south I ever boated/fished was Wysox,but basically Ulster is the lowest I ever go.I like the Pa side better because I knew/know the spots better,but putting in my time on the Ny side has been paying off lately.Especially with a friend living on the river here to dock my boat for the summer,no more hauling it..........
Funny you live in NY and fish PA. I used to live in Montrose, PA and I fished NY. Vestal to Owego. I think I only had my boat in the water once in PA around Tunkhannock. Oh yea, I left that neck of the woods cause I was sick of the winters. This year in S.E. PA we have had 3 storms with 20+ inches of snow with a few smaller ones mixed in. This storm now looks like we may only get 6 inches or so. Could have alot of power outages with the wind though.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Minnow

I bought a 14ft alumacraft and put a 15 horse 4 stroke merc.this baby flies.I bought it in sept.of 09,I sold my boat 5 years ago and stoped fishing all together.then my buddy took me out and the first bass i hooked , hooked me again.love the river,never know what you will catch.I only want to fish for the eyes from sept. to march.in the summer my wife and i ride motorcycles.so i am limited for time.I fish from wilksbarre to meshopen.later buckles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles View Post
with the snow we are getting today it looks like we won't be on the river any time soon.there is ice build up on the launch in falls and white ferry.might have to wait till walleyes come back in.i caught nice eyes in october and november in falls.big smallies also.jigs and gulp minows.
Will be on the water Sunday through the end of the week. The Hanover launch road is usually plowed and My buddies or I plow the launch itself. Hit me up, I always have room in the boat.

~EA
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles View Post
I bought a 14ft alumacraft and put a 15 horse 4 stroke merc.this baby flies.I bought it in sept.of 09,I sold my boat 5 years ago and stoped fishing all together.then my buddy took me out and the first bass i hooked , hooked me again.love the river,never know what you will catch.I only want to fish for the eyes from sept. to march.in the summer my wife and i ride motorcycles.so i am limited for time.I fish from wilksbarre to meshopen.later buckles.
No matter where ya go on the river there is fish!!!!!

Just some holes here have the right touch to hold the fish better.My favorite is a boulder strewn hole with some rocks as big as a car.

My boat took a beating last year with the low water conditions.It has a big crack at the back of the boat.No way bondo or any puddy will fix it,gotta Macguver it with sheet-metal to get me by another season.

Never fished above Owego but seen some reports up that way,and there is alot of walleye up there.I caught a tagged walleye once in Pa that was tagged in Binghamton,that small male made a big effort to breed!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Wallhanger

Like Shellback did.. I fish the Vestal to Owego stretch of the Susky.. a bit north of you guys. As someone mentioned.. it's amazing what you can catch out of our river! I think I've caught probably everything it offers over the 40+ years I've been fishing it. Most of my personal best's have come from the river.. 13.5# walleye.. 38# musky.. 5.5# smallie.. even caught a 17.5" perch this fall! Unfortunately, with this 18" dusting of snow we just got.. looks like the boat won't get wet before walleye closes. It's been a bad winter here for us boaters.. launch has been either iced in or river at flood stage for two months now. After reading some of your posts.. I'm thinking of hooking up and heading south a bit. Keep the reports coming.. and maybe I'll see you guys on the water down there! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)
Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo / NY View Post
Like Shellback did.. I fish the Vestal to Owego stretch of the Susky.. a bit north of you guys. As someone mentioned.. it's amazing what you can catch out of our river! I think I've caught probably everything it offers over the 40+ years I've been fishing it. Most of my personal best's have come from the river.. 13.5# walleye.. 38# musky.. 5.5# smallie.. even caught a 17.5" perch this fall! Unfortunately, with this 18" dusting of snow we just got.. looks like the boat won't get wet before walleye closes. It's been a bad winter here for us boaters.. launch has been either iced in or river at flood stage for two months now. After reading some of your posts.. I'm thinking of hooking up and heading south a bit. Keep the reports coming.. and maybe I'll see you guys on the water down there! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)
Hey sluggo wassup,talked to ya before on the Lake Ontario site.I seen that walleye pic,absolutely huge!!!!!I floated from Hickory park to Nichols launch once,didnt seem like there was any holes to hold many fish (all shallow).Once ya get to Nichols you start finding a little deeper water.I know theres deeper holes up above Hickory park,just never fished that far up-river.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Minnow

Aaaw no nice fish down hear in Pa best to stay up in NY...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Aaaw no nice fish down hear in Pa best to stay up in NY...
Mostly bass fisherman South of me,they leave all the walleye to me during there spawning run!!!!!Thank you.....
Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Keeper

By the way those bass fight good!!!!!!!