Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Reports for Huron to Lorain - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Fishtracker

Default Reports for Huron to Lorain

Ok fellow sportsmen it's Thursday already and I'm certain you have some reports to share. Those of us who can only dream of fishing Lake Erie thru the week need all the help we can get for the weekend. Please help me out as I would like to show my son and his aging father-in-law from Ill. a good day catching walleye. Please be as specific with location and technique as possible. I will in turn post my results the same way. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
JerryA

Default RE: Reports for Huron to Lorain

We did real well last weekend on the sandbar - 3 man limits both saturday and sunday. Since we can't go this weekend, I'll give it all up. Just north of 33/20, 43-45 FOW, pulling crawler harnesses on bottom bouncers with the trolling motor, 1.1-1.3 mph, S to N with the wind, best color was light blue beads with blue/orange shad blades. Good quality of fish both days - 2 8+ lbrs, 1 7+, a number of 3-6 lbrs. Released a bunch of 03's.

Weird bite both days. We didn't start catching fish until noon. Around 2:00 they really fired up and were going strong when we quit around 3:00. They started biting as the wind and waves were dying down. The fish were in a very small area - about a third of a mile round. Just kept picking up, going back around and working them over. These schools were in the same general area both days but not the exact coordinates. Lot of perch mixed in with them - we got a bonus of 30 perch. Not many trash fish.

So, you have to look around. And if/when you catch a couple of fish don't mess around - keep going back over them until they quit.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Keeper

Fish are at the 36-38/24-28 area. Also some fish closer around the castle(27/27.The best bite this week has been in the top 15' of water,fish you may not even see on your graph.Some of the charters have been running #10 jets back 40-50'.harnesses with 1oz. weights back35-40'.shallow diving cranks back 25-35'. Good luck Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Fishtracker

Thanks Mike for the help on the phone when I called Thursday, also for this info.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 AM
HuntnTky

Mike,
Thanks!
Good accurate report...we did it 38/28 Only had dipseys so we had to work for them as everyone around us was taking fish high and away from the boat.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Wallhanger

Sunday we were Perch fishing, and I saw about a 25" Walleye chasing a shinner on the surface,so the fish are up in the water column.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Mike has the area. Don't think I've ever marked more fish and of course, I wasn't marking the high ones!

rod bender bob
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Fishtracker

We had 2 great days on the lake, Friday & Sat. out in front of Cranberry Creek. After a short delay repairing a broken wire on the sonar fish finder I experienced one of the best trolling days on the lake ever. Starting @ aprx. 8:20 am working 19-22 f.o.w until near 1:00 pm we trolled RRs & Rip Sticks. Cheap Sun Glasses, Blue Hawaiian and Emerald Shiner worked well taking some very nice 3-7# super aggressive fish. Our leads were 50’-60’ back behind inline boards. As was mentioned in some of the other reports these fish were more aggressive than I can ever remember. We lost several fish between hookup and the boat due to the viciousness of their resistance. After my out of state guests arrived we went out @ 6:30 -9:30 only pulling 2 or 3 in the same area. Saturday morning was a totally different story, 3 fish in 4.5 hrs so we switched to perch and did well. Thank for all the help and info to those who offered tips.