Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Saginaw Bay 12.7.22 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 12-08-2022, 06:38 AM
Keeper

Default Saginaw Bay 12.7.22

Got a text from a buddy on Tuesday, "Think you can get tomorrow off?"

Well, we know what that means. Next day, 5:30am, I was at his house, sick, had the flu, cough, hoarse voice, the WORKS, & I loaded my gear, and away we went for Saginaw Bay.

I had been a ghost of a person anyways, while firearm deer season was in progress, so there was catching up on the drive over, to be done.

Launched out of Patterson, at the new ramp that had been redone by the Mich. DNR. I like the improvements, but not sure I like how STEEP the ramp is, it was enough to make me uncomfortable, and pucker when looking at it.

Anyway, we were on the water by 8:15ish, and headed out. The fog was horrible, you would see nothing, then hear people talking and see no one, had a freighter go through, (somewhere, you could hear him on the horn more than anything) and could hear him, couldn't see him, but could hear him. Fog eventually wore off and then you could see the other boats.

We were not surrounded, but we were not as alone as the fog made it appear. as evident from the parking lot, cuz when we arrived, we both said "****" must be everybody called in sick today.

After some searching, we found some active fish, or maybe we didn't? We got on one long troll, and the boards started sliding back, nothing like a rock and roll hall of fame, but enough to keep us busy, and realize, "Maybe we should count the fish?"

by the time we decided to count, we had one more then allowed, let the smaller live one go, and then upgraded a few fish as well, releasing some of the smaller ones or some better eaters.

Ended up catching 22 total, keeping our limit, and upgrading of some of the fish for better eaters.

We called it at around 2pm, headed in, had a rematch with the uncomfortable pucker while loading the boat on the steep ramp. You know, it may not bother some people, but it for some reason just doesn't "Feel right" to me, but it is nicely redone compared to the old layout, and greatly improved.

Headed home, was home by 6pm, and in bed by, well I don't know, I was woken in the chair, sent to bed by the wife. I had fell asleep researching 16Volt Lithium house battery for electronics. Thats a whole different thread/story.

Best lures were Bandits, Natural Perch down low, between 13/14 foot down in 15 feet of water produced the biggest fish repeatedly, however, not as frequent.

Bulk of the fish came on nothing more than Blue/Chrome, between 11 and 12 feet down, would get one in, and another board would slide back, and have a second fish, reset, and then repeat withing 5/9 minutes.

Overall, good day, both my friend & I have some Walleye to eat, as we were out. We are hoping that they weather cooperates, and we have some time to get out during the Christmas break.

OE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221207_190551894_iOS.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	337628  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a fun adventure! Nice catch....and, I hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for sharing your story.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 12-09-2022, 06:41 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the report, sounds like a great day. Seems that blue chrome works everywhere, it's always the first lure i grab in Erie.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2022, 07:01 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain View Post
Thanks for the report, sounds like a great day. Seems that blue chrome works everywhere, it's always the first lure i grab in Erie.
If I am on Erie, my starting line up is Irish Gold, Black & Gold, and Natural Perch.
My Secondary line up is Halloween, Fruit Dots, & Chrome Blue Back (Blue & Chrome)

After that, I start searching for the desired color, that the fish seem to like.

OE