Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Has Lowrance Customer Service Improved? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-14-2012, 05:49 PM
MikeF unlogged

Default google

{{What's your recommendation ? }}

Google will be your best source for the answers you seek.

Also, Bass Boat Central has some very active Lowrance and Humminbird forums you may wish to visit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for your input. I just realized that I posted my question in the wrong forum. Sorry about that !
Old 04-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

I've had my HDS's for just about 2 years now. I called customer service yesterday while I was out on the lake. Down Scan/Side Scan quit working. This has been an ongoing problem from the get go. Last year they sent me a transducer replacement and a new LSS-1 module. Same problem back again. Tried explaining past trouble details to Tech Support. The guy was the most rude customer service rep I've ever spoke with about anything. He wouldnn't listen to any of the past history I had with the unit and only wanted to put blame on a faulty transducer that maybe I scratched up or a computer that "lost its brain" and required a reboot. While on the phone DS/SS starts working. Didn't do a thing. Then the jerk hangs up on me. It seems their mode of operation at tech support is to blame the user rather than address faulty equipment. Hummingbird will definitely get my future business. That's really too bad because when the Lowrance unit works it's awesome.

I meant to add that I will recommend the Lowrance HDS to anyone as long as they are willing to forego customer support and gamble that there won't be any problems. However, I will also tell anyone that asks or that gives me an opportunity to comment, I will tell them of my experience and also tell them that I will never own another Lowrance unit. Ever. They suck and don't deserve any more of my money..

Last edited by 3M TA3; 04-14-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

3M
In contrast to your experience a friend and I were out on the water in his boat when he had an issue with his new unit.
He called customer service and had to wait about 1 minute to be connected.

He explained the problem, my friend was told the solution, the customer service waited until my friend had made the change and verified that all was well.

Couldn't be happier.

REW
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Keeper

No problem with the CS for me. I ordered the ICE kit for my HDS5 and when zipping shut the zipper pull broke. I called Lowrance and with in a week I had a new bag in my hands, along with the old with a broken zipper pull.

I also have had no issues with any of my old Eagle sutff or my HDS 5 and HDS7.