Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Precision Trolling Data, LLC - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Minnow

Default Precision Trolling Data, LLC

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 7, 2013
Precision Trolling Data, LLC

Precision Trolling Data, LLC is alive and well. The popular Precision Trolling books have been discontinued in favor of other easier to update publishing options in both the electronic and hard copy venues.

The recently released Precision Trolling Dive Curve “Stickers” are essentially pages out of the Precision Trolling books printed onto heavy duty vinyl bumper sticker material. These peel and stick Dive Curves are ideal for adhering to 3700 style boxes commonly used to store crankbaits and other trolling gear.

The Dive Curve “Stickers” are sold in packages by brand and lure type through Mills Fleet Farm stores and a growing list of retailers. Stickers can also be purchased through www.precisiontrollingdata.com in packages or individual stickers. Prices vary from package to package as each grouping has a different number of stickers included. Individual stickers are $2.00 each. These Dive Curve stickers and the data contained within them are the exclusive property of Precision Trolling Data, LLC and strictly protected under United States Copy Right regulations subject to all printed materials.

The much anticipated Precision Trolling iPhone app is under construction and awaiting approval from Apple. The data included in this app and the Android version to follow are both protected under the United States Patent No. US20050135192. This comprehensive patent protects the electronic use of lure and or trolling hardware depth related data in the form of apps, computer software, memory stick versions, hand held electronic devices, sonar/GPS displays or any version that displays lure or trolling hardware running depths in a digital or electronic formate.

When the iPhone and Android apps are ready for market Precision Trolling Data, LLC will make a formal announcement on all the major forum and social networking sites. Thank you for your patience. The Precision Trolling data everyone is anxiously awaiting will soon be available in both printed and electronic versions. In the meantime, the Dive Curve Stickers include many never before published Dive Curves for new lures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Wallhanger

Make the app affordable. If it is around ten bucks I will buy it. If the rumors we hear that it will be ridiculously outragious are true , I and others will surely say forget it. Sell a hundred thousand downloads for ten bucks or 25 for a hundred bucks. Think about, it, I am not trying to be a jerk here but nobody wants to be gouged for something that will be replicated by others shortly after. The rumors have it being the most expensive app for apple and android which is absurd.
Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 w/co-pilot
Scotty 1101 Depthmaster electric downriggers
Humminbird 788CI Combo
Old 03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Minnow

The following is a description from www.precisiontrollingdata.com You can end all rumors by reading.

The PTD App is free and includes access to one lure (the Berkley #7 Flicker Shad). This will allow you to see the apps functionality and interfaces. The primary function is the “Depth Wheel” which allows you to select a depth you would like to have the lure dive to and the app will provide the amount of line to let out. Or you can use the wheel to indicate how much line you have out and the app will provide you with the lures depth. For the #7 Flicker Shad there is data for both Berkley 10XT and Berkley 10 pound FireLine.
To get access to additional lures, you may purchase them in several ways:
Individual baits at 1.99 per lure. This will include all line types that are currently available for that bait.
Purchase all lures in Version 1 – this contains approximately 120 lures as listed in the chart below – cost is $49.99.
Version Upgrades – as we come out with new Versions (which will include new lures or lures tested with new line types) we will be adding at least 20 new lure/line type combinations. The cost of version upgrades will depend on how much data is added – but typically cost from $9.99 to 19.99. Version Upgrades will allow you to upgrade your access from one version to the next version. Note: if you have Version 1 and then want to upgrade to Version 3 you will have to purchase the Version 2 Upgrade and the Version 3 upgrade. We plan to do at least one new Version per year.
Current Version – once we are past Version 1, you may purchase an entire Version (e.g. Version 3) but the cost will be more expensive than Version 1 (but less than if you purchase Version 1 and Version 2 Upgrade and Version 3 Upgrade). Pricing will depend on how many lure/line combinations are added per Version.
Purchase a Lifetime membership – cost is $99.99. This will give you access to lures as they become available – even before new Versions are put out. Lifetime members will always have the most up to date set of all lures and line types. Note: as new Versions are put out (see above) the cost of a Lifetime membership will also increase – so become a Lifetime member early to get the best value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Wallhanger

I agree with Jason that this is just to much money for the app IMHO. I might consider it at $20 but $50 or $100 - no way! I do however like the stickers that you are coming out with. $2 for a quality sticker to put on the box that holds that crankbait is a great idea.

Will the Big Water stuff be in any of these apps or will you have stickers for them?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Slot Fish

Mark,

Thanks for your work on this incredible app. I have one question. When I download the app to my iphone, will all the information be in my phone or will my phone be directed your your server for the data? An example, if I'm in a remote lake in Canada with no cell service will the app work? Looking forward to downloading the app once available.

Thanks
Roger
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Minnow

The information is downloaded directly to your phone and you will not need cell service to use it. If you were to purchase another phone it remains as your purchase in the Apple Store and you can just redownload it. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Minnow

Jigstop,
You can purchase individual Dive Curves with the App as well. Same price as the stickers. You don't have to be a lifetime member, you don't have to purchase each release. It's the best of all worlds guys! Buy one or buy a membership and never spend money again on new info. The choice is yours.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
vordee unlogged

Default cost

$100 bucks for a lifetime seems like a deal to me....Im in.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Keeper

Default Android Phone

How will you handle purchasing a new phone for android users? We don't have an Apple Store to redownload from. Will there be some sort of access code we could type in a new phone that would be emailed to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariromanack View Post
The information is downloaded directly to your phone and you will not need cell service to use it. If you were to purchase another phone it remains as your purchase in the Apple Store and you can just redownload it. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Slot Fish

Mari,

Thanks for the answer to my question. I look forward to my lifetime purchase of your great product.

Roger