Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird Matrix 67 Trade Offer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 07-31-2004, 05:31 PM
Keeper

Default Humminbird Matrix 67 Trade Offer

I just got an offer from humminbird to trade in my 400TX for any Matrix up to the 67 model. The Matrix 67 is $300 with trade in - $500 if I buy it from Cabelas. It has a dual beam and I now use a tri-beam.

Question is, of all the available units which will be the best for ERIE. I currently use a Loran and the offers will give me a GPS with compatability with the Navionics Gold Series. Or, do I just wait for next season or three years and get something then-Loran soes out in 2005. And, I noticed my loran is off by about a 30' circle anymore.

I just do not wqant to invest in $300. with my season half over as it will take many days to get a unit set up. Is this a worthy unit for Erie - Feedback needed.

GB&GBUSA,
Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Humminbird Matrix 67 Trade Offer

Wait till late winter when the Matrix 77 comes out and everyone's selling the 67 for half price, then you get to sell your own unit private too! At least that seems to be the way marine electronics business goes. You buy the lastest and greatest for x dollars and 6 months or a year later, they are dumping them at half price.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Keeper

Shellback:
Where have you found the best deals/liquidater on the net or otherwise.
GB&GBUSA,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Reeds sports had lots of great deals late winter early spring. They are pretty much all gone now. I picked up a Legend 3000 for $199, the were selling for over $400 last summer.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:20 PM
MAtrix Man

Hey Shellback,

I had a full brown LMS 350a GPS with a dual freq transducer plus an extra skimmer transducer and a portable transducer and 2 power cords. This unit was bought from Lowrance direct in 1994 for 650.00 bucks and worked perfect. Now it is 10 years old and I just sold this unit on EBAY to some guy in Minnesota for 561.00. Never under estimate the power of people paying good money for your obsolete junk.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:03 AM
Charter Member

I hear you on EBay dealings! You watch the prices go to what someone could walk into a store and purchase the product brand new! A fool and his money is soon parted! I guess you laughed all the way to the bank.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

EBAY really seems to be a great place to sell stuff. But I haven't bought a whole lot there(maybe 10% of stuff I've bid on). Many folks are willing to buy used stuff for more then they can buy new stuff for.

Borch
Old 08-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Keeper

GBUSA,

Actually if you have a 400 TX and traded it in on a Matrix 67, it should take all of about 10 minutes to have you up and running. The reason for this is that the Matrix units (all but the 97 model) use the same unit mount and power cable as the 400 TX. In addition, you can use the Tri-Beam transducer from your 400 TX as a QuadBeam transducer on your Matrix 67. The only parts that you would have to change would be the plastic and metal connector holder parts in the unit mount. This is because one of the connectors on the Matrix units is shaped differently. After these parts are changed, just put the Matrix 67 on the mount and turn it on. It will initially use the 400 TX’s Tri-Beam transducer as a DualBeam transducer. You can than go into the tabbed Main Menu system, select the Sonar tab, scroll down to the Transducer Select menu and change to from “Dual Beam” to “Quad Beam”.

Greg Walters
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
Senior Quality Technician
Techsonic Industries, Inc.
(Humminbird)
A part of the Johnson Outdoors family of companies