Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
National Guard sponsorship could go away - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygoguard View Post
WELL SAID!!! You have my vote for president because what you say makes so much sense. Also on the political side of things; I think that the retirement that our politicians get is a little rediculous as well. I think you should have to work more than 4 years to get full retirement. Now I don't want their job but they seem quick to cut our military funding "Which in many cases we could do some cutting on wasteful spending" but it seems they always get the cost of living raise and I don't hear of many budget cuts on their end. If any one of us ran our business like our government we would go belly up FAST!!
Not true. Do a quick search for U.S. Congressmen retirement plans. They get the same retirement as any other Federal employee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Wallhanger

This was not meant as an anti-goverment post, just that the funding for the best Walleye series in the country is in jepardy again. If you don't care about FLW fishing it's not really meant for you then.

John Mickish
NPAA# 379
Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Wallhanger

Maybe someone finally added up how much tax dollars the military was spending on advertiseing with the FLW,NASCAR and NHRA etc. and said WT?. I think the Uncle Sam wants you posters were just fine and a lot cheaper. How many people really go to or watch an event and walk out saying hey maybe I will join the service?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 AM
guestfromND

Some of you might not agree but I don't think our totally BROKE government can afford to sponsor things like this. That's private industry's job. I rather see the military spending this money and their time on keeping our soldiers safe with better weapons and armor than sponsoring fishing and car racing. Every dime spent here is one less available for their real needs.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 AM
A thought

If the FLW, NASCAR, and others are as patriotic as they claim(only once they get the sponsorship money of course), why don't they give our armed forces FREE advertising? Without our armed forces, there would be no FLW or NASCAR.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Keeper

I am sure the National Guard has a marketing department that conducted marketing research to determine the best way to reach their target market. They also considered the cost to reach the target market, and in the end determined that Nascar and fishing sponsorships were a good advertising tool. Now a lawmaker wants to step in and stop it. Why? Does he/she know of a better way to reach the target market? Do they hate nascar or fishing?

Its hard for me to believe that a politician knows a better way to spend the National Guard's marketing money than the actual marketing department at the National Guard.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

The Military just dosen't need the man-power any longer. They are cutting back as they did in the 70's after the Viet Nam War. The recruiting standards for all branches were just increased. They can be selective and don't need knuckleheads to get blown up for the time being.

The sponsorships were an advertising/recruiting tool that is no longer necessary.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Wallhanger

I heard from the wife of a local National Guard higher up that they economy is bringing in recruits and the advertising is no longer needed. Maybe the way legislation is written doesn't allow for common business language to be used.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Wallhanger

I think it's rediculous for the National Guard, Army, etc. to be advertising and sponsoring things like NASCAR, but it's really dumb to sponsor walleye fishing! Don't get me wrong I love to fish walleyes but using my tax dollars to pay people to fish? Who are they reaching sponsoring a walleye tournament? 40 and 50 year old males who can't join even if they wanted to. Turn out at the weigh ins at walleye tournaments is dismal to put it lightly and no one is following around the anglers like in BASS or anything like that.

I say good job whomever came up with cutting this completely uneccesary expense.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Wallhanger

Default Better use

I would much rather see all those funds spent on services (health care etc) for our vets.