Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird 597CI HD DI - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Keeper

Canuck, Red Lake is one of the lakes that I plan to use the unit on. I really love it up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Wallhanger

>>Jason Thank you . I guess what I should have ask is if LOW and HB run at the same frequency? <<

That depends.

Traditional 2D sonar is collected at 200 kHz by both manufacturers. So, if you're running a 2D 'bird and a 2D LOW unit, they will experience cross-talk with each other on 2D sonar.

DI sonar in the 597 is collected at 455 kHz or 800 kHz. Typically, 455/800 kHz are only used for Side or Down Imaging applications. So, if you have a LOW unit running only in traditional 2D mode, there should be no other sources of 455/800 kHz on your boat.

Under those circumstances, you will see sonar cross-talk on the 2D sonar between the 'bird and LOW but the Down Imaging should be clean.

Last edited by Jason Halfen; 02-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Keeper

Thanks Jason, That's what I was wanting to know. I would like to move my LOW to the front of the boat and put a new HB in the back and run both transducers from the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Minnow

Hey stevensinks, I just purchased the 597ciHD for a second unit to complement my 587ciHD for my boat. Still havn't bought the chip yet but I know that the guys I know are using the Navionics chip but not sure which one. They told me just to go in to Red Lake Marine here in Red Lake and they will set me up with the right chip for around $150. I heard that the chip covers all of the Red Lake area which would include Red Lake, Keg, Gullrock, Ranger and Two Island, but dosn't cover the river system that connects these lakes.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Keeper

Canuck I didnt know until last weekend that the card for LOW and HB are the same. What I have used in my LOW on Red Lake is the Navionics Canada card. We fish the west end of Red Lake at Bow Narrows and it covers there. I have never checked to see if it covers the river systems. I was glad to find out that the card can be used in both units so now I wont have to buy a new card.

I have another question for you. Do you put the 4th screw in on your transducer? It seems that using it would be a great way to break a transducer but I dont know if will stay down with out it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Minnow

I had the local marina do the install for me, but I know that some posts on the site talk about that and they seem to leave the screw out. If you come up to Red Lake again you will have to let me know and we'll hook up!!!

Last edited by The Canuck; 03-07-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Keeper

Thats good to know. Im sure going start out with just the three screws.

My wife and I will be at Red Lake the last full week of July. I was told that you are getting a new place to eat and a new motel up there, are they open yet?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Minnow

Hotel is up and they are doing alot of work inside, not sure as to when they will open the doors, also right next door is the new Tim Hortons which is a donut shop cafe big chain here in canada it has been open since mid Nov.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Keeper

Good, Most years we spend the night in Red Lake befor we go out to Bow Narrows. Maybe I will wait on getting a room until they open. Thanks