Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Border Walleye Challenge - Big Stone Lake - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
CuriousSD

Default Wake Restriction

[QUOTE=10 Pound;1183245]Opener is April 24th. The lake has went down about a foot already. It was 6 feet above normal. We talked to the Sheriff about no wake and he thought we should be fine by opener. (no restrictions)

Looking forward to the tournament!

How are lake levels? I have a couple questions about the no wake rule. Is it still in effect? How would you handle things if they do not remove it? If they plan on removing the restriction, would it be for tournament day only, or are they considering removing it prior to the tournament to allow pre-fishing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Keeper

The lake is already down to 2 feet above normal (from 5.68 feet above normal)and it is dropping everyday. Unless we get real heavy rain, there should not be a problem. At this point there is not a special "no wake" regulation on the lake. The Sheriff does not think he will put one on at all. There is floating logs to be aware ofthough, I would suggest that all anglers travel with caution.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Keeper

Thumbs up

The 2010 Border Walleye Challenge is full with 125 Teams!

May 1st, 2010 Big Stone Lake-Ortonville, MN

This year Minnesota will attempt to defend their state title with 146 anglers competing against 94 South Dakota Anglers! (10 anglers TBA) We will have 28 U.S.Veterans and 3 women fishing as well! In the youth division it will be past money winner CJ Nagel competing against last years champion Mason Deal for the $100 bonus!

The Big Stone Walleye Club would like to thank everyone who has signed up! This year should be another great tournament! Check back to www.bigstonewalleyeclub.com for tournament updates as we get closer to the tournament. Any changes due to the weather will be posted immediately upon the decision to do so. If you need to change partners or information on your entry, please come to the rules meeting early and do so. If you have any other questions contact Artie Arndt at 605-880-8892. Good Luck!

Congrats to Team 53 Jeff Schmidt and David Schmidt, they won the early bird drawing for a $100 gift certificate for Bud’s Bait in Ortonville!

Last edited by 10 Pound; 04-07-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Keeper

Default tick tock boats to the dock

Artie we really like the web site for the Border walleye challange and would you please help us with a site for our Mn ACS tournaments.

see you later today

Steve
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Keeper

I would be happy to work with your organization! See you at the meeting!