Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Swap Board Rules $500 LIMIT -MUST POST PRICE OR IT WILL BE DELETED-PLEASE READ - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > For Sale and Services > Swap Board - $500 LIMIT ON ALL POSTS, INCLUDING WTB.

Notices

Old 09-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Default Swap Board Rules $500 LIMIT -MUST POST PRICE OR IT WILL BE DELETED-PLEASE READ

Doing busines across borders is risky business. You cannot prosecute if you are cheated and getting your money back is impossible for all practical purposes. So, please be very cautious before entering into a transaction across any of our borders.

NO GUNS are allowed to be posted for sale in any manner.
I checked the rules and each state has their own and even eBay doesn't allow the sale of guns.....for a reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, eventually I get forced to say things that I take for granted everyone understands.

So here we go:

Only items selling for $500 or less may be posted.

That goes for "wanted to buy" items too.

If you are looking for something that costs more than $500, you need to buy an ad and support the website.

ALL ITEMS POSTED ON THE SWAP BOARD MUST HAVE A PRICE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM, INCLUDING WTB ADS, OR THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Trades are excepted but the value of items being traded cannot exceed the swap board limit.

The Swap Board is for "NON COMMERCIAL" use.

And if you have a thousand dollars worth of stuff that you want to sell, even if each piece is less than $500.... you need to get a classified ad and help support the website.

This is for regular people selling an item or two... not a place for your garage sale.

The Swap Board is meant to be used by individuals wanting to get rid of equipment, tackle, tools ect.. not as a place for people to sell products that are kept in stock or purchased for the sole purpose of making a profit on a sale.

This is not Craigslist.

It's not meant to be free advertising for companies selling lures or other products.

If you are doing this as a business or a side job.. then you need to purchase advertising or a classified ad.

If you just have some stuff laying around that you want to get rid of, then use this forum as long as it's less than $500.

From time to time people want to assist Swap Board posters with pricing their items in or around the market. Although we understand this motivation being supportive and helpful, it is often taken in another manner.

For that reason, we ask that ALL replies to posts be in the spirit of purchase or inquiry about the nature of the item, not a commentary on the items pricing or its value.

Hopefully this clears up some of the questions.

I'm just trying to help people out that have extra gear and provide them a place to trade or sell it.

Please don't try to take advantage of this board or break the intention of this venue.

I'm getting tired of people selling thousands of dollars worth of equipment one piece at a time in an effort to prevent purchasing a classified and supporting this website.

I'm here to help you guys... how about helping us too.

Make sense?

Scott

Last edited by Golden; 05-25-2016 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added the "no guns" policy (Increase Limit to $500)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Minnow

Default OH Boy!

Thanks scott for the info i will remember the rules im still learnin!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs/The mighty Delaware/A dirty beach in Jersey

Scott I'm new here and have a question?How on earth can someone who wants to buy something dictate a price to the seller?I posted a thread WTB Hot'N'Tots Crawdad color and was told I have to post a willing to spend price.Not trying to rock the boat,but I guess I'm stupid and don't get the giving a price for a WTB?I gave a price but also said willing to entertain offered prices from seller is this copacetic???Or am I gonna get spanked???
Please I'd like to know,I really dig this site and have already net some Eye guy's I know.I'd hate to get tossed cause I'm to stupid to understand the rules of the classified forum.

Thanks,
FC

Old 10-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

The WTB price requirement was put in place to avoid folks trying to buy equipment that exceeds the $250.00 limit. You wouldn't want to pay for a classified ad to sell some high dollar electronics, only to see a WTB come up, and a fellow sells his without giving you a shot at yours. Yes, it seems kinda of silly with items that wouldn't exceed the $250 limit, requesting a price. But then there's always items that are in a gray area price wise. To simplify things we request a WTB price on all items. Many folks just post $250 or less. That meets the requirements. Not to difficult to do. Also the dollar limit allows fellow fishermen or women to buy and sell, or trade goods, but sends higher dollar items to the classifieds which income supports the site.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs/The mighty Delaware/A dirty beach in Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
The WTB price requirement was put in place to avoid folks trying to buy equipment that exceeds the $250.00 limit. You wouldn't want to pay for a classified ad to sell some high dollar electronics, only to see a WTB come up, and a fellow sells his without giving you a shot at yours. Yes, it seems kinda of silly with items that wouldn't exceed the $250 limit, requesting a price. But then there's always items that are in a gray area price wise. To simplify things we request a WTB price on all items. Many folks just post $250 or less. That meets the requirements. Not to difficult to do. Also the dollar limit allows fellow fishermen or women to buy and sell, or trade goods, but sends higher dollar items to the classifieds which income supports the site.

OK thank you,This does make sense to me now.

FC
Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Swap Board limits have now been raised from 250.00 to 500.00.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

I feel this was a good move!! Many thanks to those that made it happen!!
Old 07-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Minnow

I have 2 props. A tempest plus 21 it was on the boat awhole 30 minutes. Come with hub kit. Also have a tempest plus 22 and the boat bout a half hour. Both come with hub kids. 350 each to your door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1467861491685.jpg (9.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshthejeweler View Post
I have 2 props. A tempest plus 21 it was on the boat awhole 30 minutes. Come with hub kit. Also have a tempest plus 22 and the boat bout a half hour. Both come with hub kids. 350 each to your door.
You need to start a "New Post" for this...you need to put a title on it, so people will see it. Putting it in the thread about the swap board rules won't get you very much attention.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2