Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What are some alternatives to Flat Raps? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Wallhanger

Default What are some alternatives to Flat Raps?

What are some alternatives similar to Flat Rap hard baits that have similar action but less money? Looking to use them for trolling behind bouncers or weights. http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/a.../Flat+Rap.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

About any floating minnow should work. I prefer the Original floating #9 or 11 for that style of fishing. They tend to stay just a little bit more off the bottom with a very similar slow action. Many other floating minnows should work but I think a balsa bait works best that slow(1.5 or so) Bob
Old 01-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrand View Post
What are some alternatives similar to Flat Rap hard baits that have similar action but less money? Looking to use them for trolling behind bouncers or weights. http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/a.../Flat+Rap.html
I hear you....those Flat Rap at $9.00+ are way overpriced and in my multi state travels I have seen no empty peg hooks at the major tackle stores which means slow sales. I like the shallow Thunder sticks, Bomber Long As and the similar Bagley's shallow stuff. The Rapala F-13 and Husky line are good alternatives at less money per bait. The F-18 Rapala is my ultimate nighttime walleye trolling bait as I have 35 of them with most being airbrushed and epoxied with custom colors.

I did buy one of the "Carbon " color because some kid at a Canadian fly-in lodge reported it was his best pike/walleye bait. young boys haven't learned how to lie yet.

Last edited by Crackback; 01-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.