Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing New Years Resolutions? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Keeper

Default Fishing New Years Resolutions?

I saw in a post that wallydave mentioned fishing New Years resolutions.This got me thinking about what to do different on my next trip top Lac Seul next summer.I'm planning ion going the last week in July and the first 2 weeks in August.Here are my "canada" fishing New Years resolutions.
1.Talk my wife into staying at Lac Seul for 4 weeks not 3.The money is not the issue it's her work that maybe the problem.She has the vacation time coming to he. Her female coworkers get their knickers in a twist if she takes time off.
2.To fish crankbaits alot more.I didn't fish crankbaits nearly enough.I spent a lot of time looking at structure,fish and bait fish.I'd drop a bouncer and live bait to check the spot.I ended up pulling crankbaits a couple of times when fishing was off,post cold front.
3.To learn to use my Side Imaging and Down Imaging on my Humminbird alot better.Already started.
4.If there is a decent blueberry crop to take my wife Blueberry picking more.We both enjoyed it'
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Keeper

Question

Bill ~. Where will you be staying on Lac Suel? We also go last week in July/first week in August. We haven't tried crank baits much. Have too good of results with jigs/spinners & minnows.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Keeper

Bill, mine is to fish shallower. I always get nervous about parking my boat on the jagged rocks in areas I am not familiar with, but I know there is great fishing in less than 10'....Also to fish my new spot I found on the last day of the trip last year 3 casts yielded a 24,25 and a 26" eye then the wind layed down and they shut off it was awesome...., LAC SEUL is AWESOME!!!

Last edited by bigtimeelectric; 01-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Keeper

I'm not sure where I'm staying yet.I emailed the place yesterday and haven't heard back yet.I'm planning to stay in or close to Ear Falls and trailering down to the public ramp by Lac Seul Lodge,Fisherman's Cove each day.I want to cut my run in the boat to the Mc Kenzie Bay area and south to Manitoba Point and spots south and east of there.
I basically retired from work the 23rd of September.I ruptured one disc and herniated 2 other discs at work.I'm waiting on surgery.It's doubtful I'll ever work again.I may be forced to fish daily in the summer.Of course workmans comp is denying my claim.The injury was witnessed by my coworker and they have denied the claim twice.
Bigtime Electric I hear you about the shallow water fishing for walleyes.I have had the prop on the 8hp kicker hitting bottom occasionally while pulling bouncers and spinners for late July,early August walleyes that pushed bait up against a lip in shallow water.After you set the hook you could almost net them by raising up your rod(not really,they fought too hard to net right away).When it's hot and calm they move up shallow.I have fished from May until the first of August and caught lots of walleyes not fishing any deeper than 12 ft.So far I haven't run my boat/boats up on a rock bar while fishing shallow.I have the tendency to not spend enough time looking and fishing deep.Bill
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Keeper

Thumbs up

Bill ~ Have you checked out staying at any of the resorts right on Scout Bay where you plan to trailer your boat to?

Lac Seul Lodge: http://www.lacseullodgeinc.com/fishi...vices-ontario/

Fisherman's Cove: http://lacseulfishermanscove.com/

Onaway Lodge: http://www.onawaylodge.com/

These are all very good resorts with easy access to Bay of Islands & McKenzie Bay and would save lots of time and hassel trailering your boat to the landing. Also, if it's too windy to fish the big bay areas, there is good fishing right in Scout Bay too. We have caught some 27 & 28" walleye within 5 minutes of the resort. Good Luck in planning your trip.

Only 6 months to go to our return trip to fantastic Lac Seul!

RBF
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Slot Fish

My 2013 Fishing resolution is to not post anything or talk about Eddie Norths...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye Wanderer View Post
My 2013 Fishing resolution is to not post anything or talk about Eddie Norths...
Thank goodness..........I really hate reports about catching those BIG fish. It just makes me envious and sometimes I pout about it for weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by new hips View Post
Thank goodness..........I really hate reports about catching those BIG fish. It just makes me envious and sometimes I pout about it for weeks.
Stop it Paul or else...