Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Can O' Worms - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 11-25-2010, 12:31 PM
spot on

None of it is really off subject. If you can't dive into these other areas then this thread is only talking about a day dream with no solid way to move forward. In that case the subject is not taken seriously and not even worth thinking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Minnow

when Al and I wrote the can of worms open letter, it was to do the very thing that perhaps you guys are doing is to beat around the possibilities.....or at least bring it out into the light for discussion. As far as getting teams to go against teams with some sort of "big daddy" investor running the teams, while this is possible, in the short run I don't know if that is possible. It is the economy. We at Lindner Media, in conjunction with Koel communications not only film for TV the FLW walleye series, but we do a dirt car racing. This is something quite new..and will be on TV but it is a very poor man's Nascar......And the guys that own these teams are all very wealthy and they just love the game. There is no real money at this point to be won by any of the team owners, nor the drivers...and that is kind of what teaming with walleye groups to me at least, would seem to be at this point...good luck, Ron and Al Lindner
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 AM
AKuffer

Default can closed

It has been an interesting thread hasn't it? Once again thanks for opening up the "can o' worms". Of course we would not even be having this discussion if it weren't for the current economic conditions. I remember the economy of '89-'90 though. Certainly there are no plans by anyone to start something new in the tournament world. We are only discussing it and that cost is still free here in the USA.

If I were a gambling man though I would bet on an economic recovery. Simply because our economy is built on the backs of it's workers and most people are still quietly going about their buisness no matter what everyone is saying. Also, as Detroit goes so goes our nation when it comes to the economy. We all know that here. (I have a right to be wrong).

So it goes with the tournament world too. Tournaments are carried on the works of the anglers. If the anglers can't make a living, all we have is a showing of an abstract picture.

Even though tournament angling is what it is we still have it, teams or no teams. Even if it never recovers to what it once was we can still go fishing. My father, a german immigrant, always said it is what makes America great. The common man can fish and hunt.

No one can say tournament angling hasn't made tremendous contributions to the angling world we have today. It is still my belief that it could have an even greater impact. Not by hiding what we have but by embracing the true picture.

Thanks Scott, for allowing a thread like this to "stay the course".