Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HUGHES FISHING LURES - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2001, 07:50 PM
Minnow

Default HUGHES FISHING LURES

On this board I here or see in this case,some of you are talking about HUGHES RIVER LURES.Are these good lures and where can I find them. Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2001, 07:52 PM
Minnow

Default RE: HUGHES FISHING LURES

For HR Pastikas in Hayward just got a bunch in they had at least 25 left on Sunday.
try the web site www.pastikas.com
or 715-634-4466

Sam Shafarik
Old 11-26-2001, 10:09 PM
Wallhanger

Micheal, if you get a hughes river get it from a retailer. The nearest ones to you are Midwest Rod and Reel in downers grove and aurora both are on ogden ave. Each store has about six or eight of them and only a few colors. All gold, light purple pike, black, black/orange and a couple of sherbert/mix type colors. As far as glide baits go they work great. If you are new to glide baits I would goto a pool or somewhere with clear water where you can see the bait to learn how to work it. Gliders are a different animal alltogether but they can be mastered quite well with a little practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2001, 09:28 AM
Minnow

I have a few Hughes River Baits currently listed for sale on e-bay. You can find them by typing "Hughes River" in the search box. They are great baits like everyone else has said. It certainly is easier to get them from a retailer when they have them than trying to deal directly with the guy that makes these baits. You might not ever get them if you try to buy them directly from him. I've been waiting for over a year to get the baits I ordered directly from him.

The baits are easy to work and catch fish. I havn't had one that didn't work properly right out of the package so for my money their worth their hefty price.

Good luck in your search to get these lures.

Old 11-27-2001, 06:03 PM
Minnow

Pat is that you! I see you are selling some hump backs. did you have any more?
Old 11-28-2001, 07:01 AM
pw

Yep! Those are the only two hump backs I had left.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
gregggerke

Default Hughes River Lures

Check out link http://www.gtdoorsandlocks.com/home.php?cat=1727
Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
I have a few Hughes River Baits currently listed for sale on e-bay. You can find them by typing "Hughes River" in the search box. They are great baits like everyone else has said. It certainly is easier to get them from a retailer when they have them than trying to deal directly with the guy that makes these baits. You might not ever get them if you try to buy them directly from him. I've been waiting for over a year to get the baits I ordered directly from him.

The baits are easy to work and catch fish. I havn't had one that didn't work properly right out of the package so for my money their worth their hefty price.

Good luck in your search to get these lures.
Thanks you for the post.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
gregggerke

Talking Over 100 Hughes River Baits Lures added to Stock

We just added 100 new Hughes River Baits-lures to sour stock, also we will soon be stocking Smuttly Baits too.
See link http://www.gtdoorsandlocks.com/home.php?cat=1503

Thanks Gregg
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

Hold on a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are these lures really $76 a piece??? What??? Anyone who buys a lure for Muskie fishing for $76, well i will refrain. There is no lure worth this unless you plan to MOUNT the lure and not the fish. In Musky fishing there are no "magic" lures that catch fish. it's time on the water, weather, and being in the right place at the right time.