Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pro Charger issue. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Wallhanger

Default Pro Charger issue.

The 2 bank Pro Charger that came with my Ranger has a problem where one bank charges much faster than the other bank. I have 2 brand new batteries and have switched the leads and it is always the same bank. An example of "much faster". Last week I spent a few hours jigging with light trolling motor use. The "fast bank" went green in about an hour, the "slow bank" charged for several hours before going green. This has been the scenario since spring.

I called Pro Charger CS and was told there are in-line fuses in the leads that could be causing the problem but I haven't looked in to it any further yet. Has anyone else had this issue?

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Wallhanger

I would think that if it was an in-line fuse, that bank would not charge at all!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

I agree with Bob on this one.

To check, take a couple of 20 amp ammeters and put them in the charging lead of each battery.

Then, as the battery'ies charge, you can verify the charge current going to each battery.

Since the chargers should be identical, you are right in that the charge time should be the same.

Take care
REW

These are only $7 each. You could wire one in series with each of your charger leads to verify the charge rate.
A good gauge for little money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-Amp-P...item19c857f703

p.s.
Be sure to hook up the gages correctly, so that as the charger charges, you get a positive value on the ammeter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
I would think that if it was an in-line fuse, that bank would not charge at all!
Exactly what I said when CS told me that. CS claimed they had seen it before. Sounded a bit fishy too me also that's why I asked here.

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President