Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Seul update 3rd week of Aug - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Slot Fish

Default Lac Seul update 3rd week of Aug

My wife and I were on the lake the third week of August. The weather was very consistent - a mild easterly breeze with no thunderstorms or fronts moving through. We fished South Bay and South Inlet almost exclusively. I’m comfortable with “spots on spots” of 15 – 18 different areas there. It was purely a finesse bite all week for us. One of the spots was the very end of a rock spine while the other was big sand. The bite, in my opinion was pretty special. For the week we had 37 walleyes that were 24” or bigger. We topped out with two 29’s on the rocks. The rock bite was 19’ to 23’ while the sand bite was 19’ to 21’ – both were very specific. We didn’t see as many minnow balls this year as we have in the past. Plus we got bonus 18” smallies. Every time I tried to speed up beyond .3 mph we attracted pike. So, finesse it was. We stayed at Fisherman's Cove. Dan and Bettylu along with Devon and Treasure were outstanding with accommodations and service - as usual. 51 weeks and counting til next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

We will be fishing in about 2 weeks. We were planning on fishing South Bay and Inlet a fair amount. Any particular spots you are be willing to share would be greatly appreciated. This is only our 4th year up there and we are still learning the lake.

Plus, I'm afraid MorganMan and Hawkfan won't be able to catch any fish otherwise. I would feel bad if those two drive all that way and don't catch any fish.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Slot Fish

We motored around sunken islands, visible islands and Hungry Narrows until we spotted fish on the Lowrance. We fished what we saw until we found active fish (it didn't take very long). Then we just settled in and finessed 'em with a jig and minnow. Too bad about your friends. Maybe some remedial education for them prior to heading up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Slot Fish

Last week I fished Bay of Islands and Shanty bay out of the Scout Bay landing. The bay of islands bite was consistent, steady and solid. Moved over to Shanty for a break and ended finding a feeding frenzie...4 of us in the boat, double and triple headers steady, jig seldom made it to the bottom before a hit. Fish ranged from 16-21" and were the fattest Ive seen this year.

That was a bite to remember.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlars View Post
We motored around sunken islands, visible islands and Hungry Narrows until we spotted fish on the Lowrance. We fished what we saw until we found active fish (it didn't take very long). Then we just settled in and finessed 'em with a jig and minnow. Too bad about your friends. Maybe some remedial education for them prior to heading up?

I guess that was why I was asking. Those islands are sunken. Was hoping to find a "general" area of where they are vs randomly hoping to find them.

And, no worries about my friends. They ARE remedial but they are also my brothers.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Slot Fish

Check your PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Minnow

Nice meeting you at the camp feed tlars. We ended the week on Thurs evening and the 12 of us finished with around 2450 fish. Biggest walleye at near 28 and the northern at just over 36".