Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Settled on Cedar Lake Lodge- what's your take - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default Settled on Cedar Lake Lodge- what's your take

Well, my partner and I decided on a destination for our fall trip and it is Cedar Lake Lodge. We have never been there and I am interested in feedback from recent visitors. I tried the search but even when you put "Cedar Lake" in quotes it flags every post with "Lake" in it. So, your take on this lake and lodge would be appreciated, especially those who have been there recently. Having never caught a muskie, a little advice on when, where and how to fish for them would also be helpful. I see Pete Maina catch them on "The Next Bite" but perhaps this lake is unique. You can count on me to send a recap. Thanks in advance.

Hooks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats on your fall trip destination. Looks like an amazing fishery. Having never caught a musky myself, I'm jealous. Smallies and perch too!
With the average depth of the lake being 20', I hope Ontario doesn't have as dry a summer as last year. For that reason, I'm not sure the boat upgrade would be worth it. Would hate to buy a prop as it could be gettin shallow in areas.
Will be very interested in how this trip goes for you, but first things first. Rip em up on Wine Lake.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHooksHimself View Post
Well, my partner and I decided on a destination for our fall trip and it is Cedar Lake Lodge. We have never been there and I am interested in feedback from recent visitors. I tried the search but even when you put "Cedar Lake" in quotes it flags every post with "Lake" in it. So, your take on this lake and lodge would be appreciated, especially those who have been there recently. Having never caught a muskie, a little advice on when, where and how to fish for them would also be helpful. I see Pete Maina catch them on "The Next Bite" but perhaps this lake is unique. You can count on me to send a recap. Thanks in advance.

Hooks
will be sending you a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Wallhanger

Default "Cedar Lake"

Hi HeHooksHimself, we have been fortunate to have fished Cedar lake 4 times in the last 3 years. With the help of Glenman12, we had very enjoyable fishing trips. We were able to catch a variety of species and had a great time. The lake is very easy to navigate with lots of water to fish. Glenman12 is extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to Cedar Lake. Have a great trip.

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Minnow

Went 2 yrs ago for the first time and Glenman's info was a great help. (Thanks Glenn). Nice sized lake and very easy to navigate. Nice camp and Al treats you right.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Keeper

http://tourworld.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Cedar Lake Lodge forum! 10 years fishing Cedar and still love it! Glennman when you headed up this year? We are going up first week of june due to my oldest graduating this year.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Wallhanger

4 of us are going up on Weds June 13th and will try our hand at some Lake Trout fishing on Cliff Lake Thurs and Fri...the other 4 will come in Fri evening and the trip will officially start on Sat the 16th..