Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Favorite NightCrawler Bedding?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Dave S.

Default Favorite NightCrawler Bedding??

I am wanting to change the nightcrawler bedding in my stryofoam worm box. Currently have a bedding that looks like Pet Moss and worms are not doing well. Have a few small cups of worms which came in chopped and wetted newspaper which worms seem to like. Is newpaper bedding hard to make? Would like to carry worms over winter if can so looking for a good bedding. What bedding seems to keep your worms plump and well feed?

I have used bedding that is gray colored, very fluffy, and looks like loose insullation which worms love but can't remember brand name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2001, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Favorite NightCrawler Bedding??

Gotta go with Fat & Sassy. It has the food and water already in the mix. All you gotta do is add the crawlers. It lasts about one month. It is still important to sort thru your crawlers weekly and pull out dead or dying ones to keep the others healthy.

NPAA #499
Old 09-04-2001, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

I think what you are talking about is BASS Bedding. We used to keep a lot of worms and it was hands down the best. It is actually ground up newspaper print (you add water and squeeze the excess out). Same stuf came in the worm farms, and worm ranches. We always just put them in new bedding after a couple months. You must go through them every few days and sort out the sick or weak ones. If you leave the dead ones in there they poison the whole works. Easiest way to grade them is just dump em out on a piece of cardboard, put the good ones back on top of the bedding, get rid of whatever is left. Check them in a few minutes, and pitch any that are still on top. The healthy ones go down in short order.Good luck.
Old 09-04-2001, 08:30 AM
Slot Fish

Another vote for Fat n' Sassy.
-----------------
Marshall J. Dunn
Old 09-04-2001, 05:01 PM
Juls_WI

I think your thinkin' of Buss Bedding ETT. Are you sure it's called BASS Bedding? I've never heard of that one.

Juls
Old 09-04-2001, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Juls

You have it right. BUSS bedding. Works great.

Jack
Old 09-05-2001, 02:54 PM
lance

I have used the Fat and Sassy and really like it..no fuss..no muss...I have tried to contact the company via the phone number and address on the package but to no advail...Does anyone know how to contact this company?

thanks