Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Deep cycle batteries for under $100 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Jon

Default RE: Deep cycle batteries for under $100

The Trojan SCS225 is actually 130 amp hour (225 minute reserve capacity at 25 amp) which is in the ballpark for most group 31 deep cycle batteries. Trojan does produce good batteries; however, overall quality between the major manufacturers tends to be fairly consistent among the group. One thing to watch is the manufacture date of the battery. Plain and simple: don't buy old batteries. Most batteries shouldn't be on the shelf for more than six months at the most. The biggest difference in overall battery life tends to be how you as the consumer maintains and uses your batteries. Find a good battery maintenance system that you can set up to maintain your batteries during any prolonged storage situation.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Unlogged gmcwayne

>Any good 12 VOLT batteries out there for $75 for use with
>12/24 volt trolling motors.

I've got 2 of the big yellow ones from Wal-mart. 2 seasons out of them so far and they are holding up very well. They ran me $65 a piece.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Wallhanger

I've been using the ones recommended by my marine dealer (Mr Outboard in DePere, WI). "No name" brand that I can find but I trust their judgement on a good battery and they do sell a lot of boats. I had 2 Interstate '27's and they didn't last long however I had issues with my charger at that time (I blamed the batteries but later found the charger issue) so that may have caused the batteries to die prematurely. I am due this next yr or in '08 to get new ones. I have never had an issue with these batteries. I am a name brand person but these do the job and at a reasonable price (about $60 if I recall) a few years ago. I also have a starting battery in the back that has never failed me.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Meat Hunter Unlogged

I've had good luck with the Exide batteries. I did not have good luck with Trojan batteries, but the company did make good on the warranty and went out of their way to get me a new battery.

The WORST batteries I've ever had were DEKA's. Stay clear of them things.

Meat Hunter.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:24 PM
walleye dan

How about the everstarts from walmart any good?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Got the AGM batteries from Fleet Farm 3 years ago (2 for my 24 Volt). About $80 apiece I believe. Still going strong.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Wallhanger

For some reason, I've had terrible luck with Walmart/Sams club batteries in my vehicles and especially their deep cycle RV batteries? I just lost my last Sams battery only after a year? The only good news is they have a no hassle full replacement warranty and will replace their batteries with no proration during the battery warranty period. I need reliable batteries, so as my walmart/sams batteries died, I change back to either interstate or Delco. In my boats and 5th wheel trailer, I've have the best luck with Trojan and Interstates deep cycle batteries. One of my Interstate deep cycle 27's is still going strong into it's 6th year. My experience with the average deep cycle battery life is 3-4 years. Walmart/Sams Deep cycles batteries only averaged 1.5 years? I keep all my batteries on smart chargers ( during storage) and watch the water levels so I'm not sure why the Sams/walmart batteries did not hold up?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:04 AM
JCB

You can't beat the free delivery:
http://www.batteryservice.com/
Old 12-31-2006, 10:55 AM
JMKC

The Sams Club Deep-Cycle batteries here in Northern Illinois are Interstate, use to be Stowaway's.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

People probably think I am crazy, but I have been using lots(and I mean lots) of deep cycle batteries(in my houseboat) for years. The best value I have found is the WalMart deeps. Get the biggest and they last as long, or longer than the expensive batteries.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."

Robert F. Kennedy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.