Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
nice family resort in midwest - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Fishing the Midwest with Bob Jensen > Award Winning FTM TV...with Bob Jensen

Old 01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
willyp

Default nice family resort in midwest

I live in peoria Illinois and was wondering if anyone knew of a nice family fishing/boating resort within 5 hours or so of peoria. I typically go to northern minnesota every year where the waters are beautiful and the resorts are plentiful but that is a once a year trip. There has to be some lakes or resorts in Wisconsin that are comparable.

I'd love to find some nice resorts for both fishing and boating that are closer to home so I can go more often. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 PM
B Jensen

Default RE: nice family resort in midwest

Check the northcentralwisconsin.com website There are lots of locations that are closer to you in that area. I have fished throughout that area, the opportunities are many. Write back if you would like suggestions on a particular area.

Best Fishes,

Bob Jensen
Old 01-15-2006, 09:43 AM
willyp

Thanks for the response. Ever fished Miner Lake or what they are calling the chain of lakes around that area? I'm looking for a lake large enough to really run a boat.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:53 AM
willyp

There lakes i've found are near Waupaca are Taylor Lake, Miner Lake or Long Lake. These seem to be the most popular lakes with some rental property that I have found. I still cannot find a resort on a large enough lake in southern WI to run a boat fast and that has good fishing.

If my info is correct which of the above lakes would you recommend??
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Wallhanger

Hey Willy,

Go Manual Rams, hey? (I grew up on the South Side... tough neighborhood...)

Here's what I'd do (Actually did, already): Download Google Earth. It's free. Hopefully your computer can handle the program... my comuter's fairly old and it works well with it, so you might be in luck.

Then zoom in a peruse around southern Wisconsin looking for lakes that fit the size you'd like. Sometimes the name of the lake will pop up on google earth, other times it won't, and then you'll have to do a little research on what the name of the lake is. Once you've found out the name, then you can ask about the fish'n.

That's the best I got for ya.

-Behr
Old 01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Dave B

It might be 6.5 hours, but Treelands resort on Chippewa Flowage is a very nice family resort. About as nice as you will find. Might be too late in the year to get an open cabin though, but well worth the phone call.

Another great family resort is Mogesheen resort on Lake Namekagon in Cable Wisconsin. Nice owners, and bike trails nearby. Indoor pool for a rainy day as well.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
willyp

great idea on the google earth website. you can really see all the lakes from a birds eye view. That Treelands Resort in Hayward seems perfect, just a bit too far for a weekend. but that's exactly what i'm looking for.

Has anyone fished Lake Koshkonong, Green Lake, Puckaway, or anything good in this area? It must have a nice family resort or the wife won't go back, you know what i mean.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Minnow

The lakes you have mentioned in Waupacka get really crowed in the summer time. These lakes are very clear, fishing is OK in the fall and spring but as soon as it warms up they become a zoo. Ther are no resorts that I know of.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:59 PM
wislakes

I'm a Map Quest junkie. I was looking in Wis, and saw a lake named Pentenwell, are there any resorts there? Or how about Winnebago, there has to be several around there. Fox Chains north of Chi-town have good fishing at times too, probably lots of crowds at times too, but it is close. I'm just browsing map quest, but another lake I saw was Bever Dam. Anyone have any thoughts on these options?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Keeper

Willy, I have in-laws in Naperville that are joining us on Lake Puckaway this summer for a week. We went to www.vrbo.com and scouted some areas with good boating and fishing. Might be worth a try for you as well.

Good luck,