Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Moon River Ontario advice for this time of year - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2001, 02:52 PM
Musky Hunter

Default Moon River Ontario advice for this time of year

Hello, I am new to the message board and looking for any advice for fishing the moon river at this tme of year. Have been told of the excellent fishing opportunities and would not mind giving it the 10,000 casts. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2001, 11:00 AM
Todd Booth

Default RE: Moon River Ontario advice for this time of year

I went fishing with guide Jody Mills this past weekend at the Moon River. On 11/2 (Friday) I caught and released a 56 inch muskie with a 27 inch girth out of the Moon River. Fish was caught casting one of Jody's homemade bucktails in Blackstone. I would recommend going with him. I have several pictures of this fish in the boat and being released. Tried weighing the fish in a net, however, my 50 pound chatillion scale bottomed out prior to the fish being lifted completely off the ground. Fish took less than one minute to take off prior to being put back in the water for its release. Fish did bleed a little as the fish swallowed the bucktail and part of the steel leader on the initial hit about 10 feet from the boat. Jody's phone number is 705-732-2053.

Fish also was a tagged fish.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:09 PM
Musky Hunter

Default RE: Moon River Ontario advice for this time of year

Wow, sounds like an eventful experience. What was the weather like ( cloudy/clear/cold etc ) How were you fishing, casting towards the shoreline/paralel or away from? What colour bucktail? Where in Blackstone Harbour? My appologies for all the questions, just curious, and it sounds worthwhile to call the charter you have recommended.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.