Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
The BIG Question. - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: The BIG Question.

> For me luck, carma, or the good Lord blessing one angler
>over the other has a large effect on tournament success if you
>do your home work and find the right fish the rest is the
>uncontrollable factor in fishing and thats why fishing as a
>sport is different than other sports because of that large
>uncontrollable factor.

[b]Crom.

I cannot help myself from commenting on one facit of your post. This has been in my Craw actually for years. And I hope this don't come off wrong or fringe on the political boarder as far as church and state are concerned.

At the risk of sounding like Andy Rooney, did you ever notice all the bass anglers thanking God after a big Bass hits the boat? Or asking God to let them win? Or praising God up on the Big stage for his special blessings when they do?

I will not even pretend to speak for the devine creator. But what makes any one person think he's going to pick him out over the other 150 entrants both praying and thanking him for the same thing? Does he then become Gods favorite over the others for that day?

I've personally thanked God for giving me the knowledge, health and means to participate and be successful in things I love to do. Thanked him for the great day and being safe throughout it. But feeling he has personally picked me out for human praise and monetary gain when competing again'st others he loves equally, seems sacraligious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 01:34 PM
snooker

Also, why even bother calling anything the RCL holds as a professional event? How can they consider their field of anglers to be "top notch" when they limit it to certain boat owners? (I own a Lund so no jealousy stabs please). A trained monkey could enter an RCL event if he could front the cash and a certain boat! I say let Parsons, Keith K, and Kolinski in and let um go to town!

Old 01-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Keeper

Dennis feel free to use it, and Walleye Express you and alot of other guys out there are the true pros,I also remember when the MWC started and a lot of the truly great fisherman, started out there, along time ago then I guess you could call them legends.Only problem with calling them legends is it makes some of them sound old and some of them are still pioneers and come up with new and differnt wrinkles all the time to catch fish.These guys paved the way, payed there dues and some of them figured out how to make a liveing doing it.And there are still alot of young guys that will make this sport even better in the future as long as they dont lose sight of the past.
As a side note I like the idea to take the best of all the circuits that are out there and hold a tournement to find out who is the best.

scooter
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Slot Fish

I agree with "Fish-Ons" take about the RCL being in its early stages and it will be a while before qualifying will be mandatory. Dan, you also have a good point about B.A.S.S. having qualifying steps to get to the big show. There will always be players that make it to the big leagues in any sport that belong and those that don't belong. I think the RCL is doing a good job at providing a platform for walleye anglers to test their abilities against some of the best competition in the nation. Not too many people would buy the "right" boat, and pony up the money to enter if they didn't think they had the skills to be competitive.

Can you name a Heisman Trophy quarterback that didn't make it the pro's? Or a sixth round pick that went on to be a Superstar?

Old 01-08-2004, 01:59 PM
wking

Gino Terretta of Miami and Terrell Davis of Denver
Old 01-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

wking- you beat me to it!;-)
Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
MNhusker

Eric Crouch, Drafted as reciever
Charlie Ward - Not drafted.

Scott
Old 01-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Wallhanger

>Eric Crouch, Drafted as reciever
>Charlie Ward - Not drafted.
>
>Scott

[b]Ya know boy's.

We got enough knowledge and power on this board alone to take over the world....I say we do it. :D
Old 01-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Slot Fish

Good job on the answers!!!!!! My real point was that qualifying or starring at one level doesn't guarantee success at the top level--fishing included.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Wallhanger

Can I be Sec. of Defense Dan!!!! I have a big gun and know how to use it!!!!