Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
FLW Red Wing - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: FLW Red Wing

>There is one part of this conversation that is missing and,
>to me, a key point: the loss of integrity from your fellow
>professionals, your family, and with your sponsors and others
>within the industry.
>
>If one makes the decision to cross the line and gets caught,
>they will be branded for their tournament life. It will not
>go away. I personally cannot put a dollar amount on that.
>Take a look at those who have made "questionable" decisions
>and got caught.....do they have any positive impact on our
>sport at this time?
>
>In the end, when it's all said and done, what are we left
>with? Hopefully it's positive memories of the experience,
>some great long-lasting relationships, and the ability to look
>in the mirror and know, with a clear conscience, that we
>competed to the best of our ability and did it the right way.
>
>J Ruffolo

J, you hit the nail on the head!

Remeber a "certain Walleye USA pro" who reportedly "stretched a fish?" Where is he at now? I had to do a search just to remember his name!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Say What

Why the heck would you make a separate set of rules for time limits for co-anglers? Why would anyone think this is a good idea? Should we take the weight away from the co-angler if they are useless out on the water? NO, NO, NO.....things happen people come in late, thats part of competition. You never hear the guys griping when the pro puts out the extra effort to get the best bag possible.
This sport has Risk involved. Sometimes the long runs and waiting for that last bite pay off, sometimes it comes back and bites you.

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for you now.

:boohoo:
Old 05-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Keeper

Juls - poor choice of words I'll admit but still my opinion. And I didn't say the FLW Tour doesn't work or the FLW Walleye Pro/Am won't work as it seems to be taking over with all the prize money and opportunity. Primedia hurt the PWT and it may not recover fully now. I just think the Pro/Am format could be replaced with some type of team format. Sharing expenses will be a bigger issue in years to come with soaring fule prices and cost of boats, vehicles etc. I dunno let me think about it. Wouldn't you prefer to be fishing for $100K with Rick in the boat with you rather than against him? Or someone on your 'team' that you know and trust and knows and trusts you?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM
huh

We do not need another team circuit. The MWC does a great job as the premiere team circuit and the MWS along with the other team formats are more than enough for now.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Keeper

Huh - why impose your opinion over mine? Gee whiz. There are way too many circuits period anyway.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I think I'll stick to fishing against him. Afterall, two paychecks is better than one. ;)

Juls
Old 05-11-2007, 03:25 PM
flwer

If there are too many circuits already why ask the FLW Tour to be a team event then?????
Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Keeper

Juls - who deleted my post asking how you guys ended tied?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know...I never saw that post, but I see #59 is missing.

I can answer it for you though...

We both caught fish that ended up weighing the same exact amount after three days of fishing! lol

Juls
Old 05-12-2007, 08:47 PM
JEST

Juls,

For a pretty smart gal, you surely lack some legal background. When you start accusing a pro of cheating and start making people take a polygraph test to prove/disapprove your accusations, you my friend have opened yourself wide to a lawsuit the tournament director can't win. Polygraph tests aren't allowed against the accused. There is a person who responded to this thread that had better COOL-IT REAL FAST because he has been suspected of cheating on 2 occasions of which I had him followed by a third party on one of those occasions for a consistant record of bringing in full livewells dead walleye on this body of water while beating the tournament fields by more than 15 pounds. He found out that I had him "tailed" and cried like a baby behind my back, BUT he never once confronted me to declare his innocence. Draw your own conclusions, but I figured out how and what he was doing to collect some 5 digit money. I can't believe he would comment on a thread concerning cheating in a walleye tournament. Totally AMAZING.
Closed Thread