Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Kavajecz/Parsons Rods - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Wallhanger

Default Kavajecz/Parsons Rods

I think that it is a given that these two gentlemen are at the top of the heap in the walleye tournament world. That being said, do these guys use the rods that they design and market for Bass Pro Shops? If the answer to this question is "YES", I think that they answer a lot of discussion about the value of spending a small fortune on fishing rods. Please do not think that I am being critical of those that do, I'm not. It does make me wonder about the reason for spending 200 to 400 dollars when Keith and Gary market rods in the 50 to 120 dollar range. Just some food for thought during the "I'm shopping for a new rod season"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Kavajecz/Parsons Rods

from what i gather talking to both those guys yes they do use the rods that they promote for bass pro, the two of them designed them and use them.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

I've been using the P and K rods for years, they are without a doubt the best rod in their resepctive price group in the Walleye market. Not only that they are a darn site better or equal to alot of other more expensive rods.

"Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope"
Old 02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Objective

I've got a Pro Qualifier which is the same blank as their Walleye series jigging rod. It makes a good vertical jigging rod. For my $.02, I think their rigging rods are a bit stiff(got one). The trolling rods are nice - but pricey(have several). For myself, I would buy something else for pitching light jigs. Their rods would work well enough - just not what I personally look for. They're a bit stiff.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

After looking in the Bass Pro Catalog I stand corrected on the price range of these rods. The price range should read 60 to 100 dollars. I just guessed in the original post. The spirit of my post was that if these rods are good enough for these guys, they must get the job done!
Old 02-20-2004, 11:49 PM
D-rack

I have three k/p walleye series rods and love them. I have two 8 foot and one 7 foot casting rods. I got the 8 footers with a gold cup bass pro line counter reel for $79 for the combo and the 7 foot casting ran me $69, I use it for trolling spinners. Excellent rods for the money. Very high quality and very sensitive.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Wallhanger

Shadow man is right, from reading there posts on other sites, they use, and have designed them, and from what I gather they take great pride in them aswell!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.