Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Help killing ground bees/wasps - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Half a can of bee spray in the hole at night will do it but that mower idea was the neatest I heard in a while!!!! I know what you mean about those little ground devils. I have had them twice and they are wicked. I just did one nest in about a month ago. I did above trick during the day then sprayed individuals as they returned. Sort of childish but I was having a great time spaying them in the air while dodging the kamikasee ones he11 bent on taking me out. Taking on a bee nest is battle and can be very fun for a few sick indiviuals like me that never grew out of that sort of thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

This is one of the most entertaining posts in a long time.

If I could tape the lawn mower solution, the drain pipe-shop vac solution or the Sargent York shooting them out of the air solution, I could win funniest home videos hands down.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Wallhanger

I just took off all my clothes , rubbed myself with jam and ..... oh thats another topic .......nevermind.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
D-dog

Thanks guys. I'm in western WI. I grew up in this town, but never ran into these nasty S.O.B's before.
I'll will wait till dark and try spraying Wasp/Hornet killer down the hole and put a mound of some powerful ant powder I've used on ant mounds. I also have ether and a hose. If they stay sleeping while I'm over the hole, I should kick their a$$. I love the lawn mower, and vacuum ideas too! I actually had my Carharts and an onion bag ready to use as a head net, but the neighbors already think I'm a wacko hillbilly!
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Wallhanger

HAWKER, you are a genious!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Wallhanger

Don't know if I would ever do it, but I do like the lawn mower thing.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

If the nest is not highly visable - use spray adhesive.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Minnow

Sevin Powder dry will work best. Like the others said wait til after dark and if it's cooler helps. I used an old mustard bottle,before I bought a duster from the pest control place, shoot a bunch of dry powder into the hole and around the opening. The powder will usually wipe them out immediately,but any that crawl out or going back in the next day will carry it back to the nest.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Sevin sounds like what I need...have a nest of wood bees entering near the ground and going up into my wall. I've probably killed a hundred of them, but can only get them when they come out. So far, their buddies in the wall haven't gotten the message.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 AM
city_guy

Default rednecks at it again...

To think all of the world's best scientist's can't figure out where all the bee's are going....

**** rednecks...