Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Huron - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Paulywog12lb.8oz.

Default Huron

If you go out and troll at 1.0-1.4 mph with short leads you will catch hogs. Reef runners any color.

So there, go get em.

Paul

Won't give specific spots, why, It doesnt matter. Find bait on your fishfinder and catch hogs. 12-40 feet of water.

No secret just go.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Wallhanger

Isn't the water tore up from the blow? When was the last time you hit the water or saw the water. I want to get back out tomorow night but it's a little tough to catch fish in the mud.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

That's a Great Eye Paulywog/12lb.8oz, Erie is a real Sweet-Heart!!!

I just seen two photos of Blue Dolphin's near 14 lb Erie Hog that was caught a few days ago ...Lord, she is SWEET!!!

Quote:
Thanks guys 13 lbs 15 ounces so in my eyes 14lbs its a dream fish for me one that wont ever forget. Gary
-here is a link to the photo post http://www.walleyecentral.com/tenpoundclub/?PID=1241

Fishing w/buds is a fun social event, while
Angling is a serious skill-growth rung-climbing event with loads of self-improvement satisfaction w/each step... Hang a Hog, Not a Smelt

Ray da sUMo 'Chaser

Last edited by Juls; 11-18-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Wallhanger

Yep, I was fishing off Cleveland that night..Gary called me right after he caught it...when the phone rang at 2:15 am I knew he had to have caught a monster horse...I'm sure he will win the big fish of the Derby and the weekly prize and his partner and him have a combined weight with 2 fish for over 25 pounds. SICK....To cash a check (10 places) as of today you have to catch a fish larger than 10.9 all of the top ten except 9th and 10th are over 11 pounds. Erie has given up tons of big fish this fall from Huron to Cleveland it's been awesome out there, next week the weather looks good to get back out for more hog trolling.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Paulywog12lb.8oz.

Default Last trip was fri 11-14

K gone, My last trip was good for numbers not size I only got one 7lb er. The trip before was HOG city off Huron.

I just had to post on here because no one else does anymore.

I plan on getting out a couple more times in the next weeks, if mother nature cooperates.

Good luck. Paulywog
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks, Yep alot of nice fish off Huron. I plan on getting out next Friday, saturday and sunday after thanksgiving, it's a tradition to fish Huron Thanksgiving weekend. I just hope mother nature gives us a break and let's the lake get back into fishable shape...if it does the big fish bite will be ON!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Keeper

K gone we get into town late on Thanksgiving so you will have company on the lake for a day or two then we leave for Quinte for the next week.Hoping for good weather.Paul
Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
K gone we get into town late on Thanksgiving so you will have company on the lake for a day or two then we leave for Quinte for the next week.Hoping for good weather.Paul
Yep if the weather is decent I'll be out there.

I'm thinking about going to the Bay next fall, the land of the monster walleye. I did some cool trips this year to St Clair and Ontario but Quinte is tops on my list...since I'm a walleye fisherman afterall.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Keeper

Do not think about it you need to go, very big fish If we can lets talk in Huron.Paul
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Paul,

We plan to be in Huron for a couple of days over the T-Giving weekend if the weather cooperates. I'll give you a call.

Tim