Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 51 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSTER View Post
You know what I get most my walleyes on during spring/summer????????A Mepps #5,but dont tell anyone I want to save some on the shelves for myself!!!!!
I love using in-line spinners for Eyes. A big Panther Martin or Rooster Tail is also a sure fire Walleye catcher. Read an article in a magazine about 8 years ago on fishing shallow rivers at night with spinners during the Summer months. Trouble is during the Winter months, a slow retrieve just dont work with spinners. Anywho...just got back. The river needs some water before I go out again. This rain coming should help. I managed 2 fish. A dink and one 21 inches. Still a nice quite night on the river banks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Slot Fish

Been meaning to post these pictures. This is right across the street from the sewage plant in Bloomsburg. Article in the paper recently didn't shed much light on it and I doubt anyone is going to do anything anytime soon. Disgusting!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_6742.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	13910   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_6743.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	13911  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Minnow

Hit the river yesterday and had a good afternoon. Caught 4 over 23" a couple 20"ers and some 14 to 15. All caught dragging big gaudy bright orange or chart. berkley sabertail grubs. Now im going to stuff some with crab meat and have crab stuffed walleye fillets.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope23 View Post
Now im going to stuff some with crab meat and have crab stuffed walleye fillets.
Man that sounds good! Give us the recipe.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourize View Post
Man that sounds good! Give us the recipe.
Will do! Its wonderful, and there's never scraps left at the dinner table with this one!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Minnow

The recipe is for flounder but you cna use any white flaky fish, walleye's the best and they dont have to be big. Also, I butterfly my fillets which is optional and I dont make the Crab butter, I just baste the fillets with the drippings right before I broil them

Ingredients
  • 2 (10-ounce) flounder fillets
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • Uncle Bubba's Crab Cake Mix, recipe follows
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 (1-inch) slice Crab Butter, recipe follows
  • Fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle flounder with salt and pepper. Using a fillet knife, carefully open the flounder by cutting along the left and right sides of the seam down the middle of the fish to make pockets. Lay the cut sides back.
Stuff the flounder with the Crab Cake Mix, and press the sides down to cover the filling. Sprinkle with paprika.
Coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place the fish in the dish and bake for 20 minutes. Without removing the dish from the oven, turn the oven to broil and broil for 5 additional minutes. When the fish is done, remove it from the oven. Slice a medallion of crab butter and place it on top of the grilled fish. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top for added color.

Crab Cake Mix:
  • Recipe courtesy Uncle Bubba
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 green onions, green tops, thinly sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy mustard
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 10 saltine crackers, crumbled medium to fine
  • 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells
  • 1/2 pound claw crabmeat, picked clean of shells
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions, garlic, parsley and peppers until soft. Let cool.
In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, heavy cream, mustard, lemon juice and mayonnaise together. Gently mix in the saltine crackers and crabmeat. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside to stuff in flounder.

Last edited by cope23; 03-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Keeper

Heard they were getting them from shore around here,but they can have them!!!!!!Cant wait till its time to get the Jet on the water.....Checked out some new rods at walwart called Falcon Bucoo,liked them so much I bought one with a new Symetre real.......Just gotta order some jigs from Cabelas that are suppose to be killer and should be set for this spring,been an easy winter but am sick of it!!!!!Recipe sounds good but here its usually just quick/easy walleye Tacos on the menu when the fillets are cooking Yumm..........
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Keeper

Thank You cope23! I'll be trying that recipe!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Minnow

Smile susquanna river

i live in scranton love the sus to earley or no.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Slot Fish

Got my wish with LOTS of water in my hot spots! Headed out last night about 8:00 and just got back. Caught about 10 or so to 20 inches. No hogs like I been gettin'. Starting to go into withdrawal! Guessin the big girls will be staging at the creek mouths in the near future. Felt good to get out though. Bad thing is, my belly is growling after reading that recipe but its 12:40 in the morning and if she wakes up to me cookin some Eyes, she will think I have finally flipped.