Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Aqua-Vu MAV-10 Wiring Question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Keeper

Default Aqua-Vu MAV-10 Wiring Question

I've been sorting out the birdsnest under my console as I add my LSS-1 and upgrade my NMEA 2000 network. In tying wires off to the side, I've come across one that I cannot figure the purpose of.

I have an Aqua-Vu MAV 10 underwater camera on my boat. The power cable has three wires...red, black and white. I've got the red and black fed to power the unit. The white was spliced into a wire in the console loom. I thought it might be switched power, but the unit powers up right now with the white wire detached. Nature Vision has no wiring diagram in the literature that came with the unit. Does anyone know what the white wire is/might be for? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Keeper

This reply from the manufacturer...

The white wire is to connect to a boats ignition or starter so that the auto retract will kick in. The camera will automatically come up when the engine is started, this is a safety feature so that the camera will not get in the motor.