Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Prairie Bee Lake Ontario - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Minnow

Default Prairie Bee Lake Ontario

Has anyone been to Prairie Bee lake near Chapleau this season or last? The most current posts are pretty dated.
I am going up for a three day weekend soon and it was a very last minute deal. The lodge owner told me that fishing has been tough with all the heat but it looks like it will cool down by next week. My expectations are not that high, but I am bringing a buddy that has never been fishing in Canada so I am hoping for at least some decent fishing.

Any tips or other information would be appreciated.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Keeper

Default prairie bee

Read my post of several days ago The np were hitting good however the walleye were slow. A total of 426 caught by 4 guys. I just got a email from the camp and they said the fish started to hit better once it cooled down so you should have some better fishing. Most all lakes in ontario are down from where they should be because of the lack of snow melt. Ramsey lake is about 100 miles north of your place. I take it this is just off of 17 east of the soo? Good fishing and don't forget to post a message after the trip..
Old 05-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Minnow

Hey guys

Prairie Bee was the first lake that I fished on when I was even a young kid than now. I would try fishing in the narrows, jigging with live bait. I'm pretty sure the narrows is just south of the camp. We always caught fish but fishing has been slow. The heat really got to the fish but now that it has cooled down it should be better. The bass are on their nest right now, so sight fishing is very easy right now. Please remember if you catch a bass off the nest, PLEASE release them back right away as they are protecting their nest.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Minnow

a good place to start would be around the marker buoy about a mile south of camp, right in the middle of the lake channel. There is all kinds of structure around it. Just don't get too close, the buoy is there for a reason! Also, work the island that is just east of the marker buoy.

Best of luck. Let us know how you do.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Minnow

Default Thanks!

Thanks to those who posted a reply. This is about my 10th trip to Ontario but never have I gone in on such short notice. The info gives me a good place to start. I will post when I get back.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Slot Fish

You may want to call up to the camp before you go, there is a huge forest fire in that area. There are parts of the highway that are being closed down. Google..........fires in Wawa or Chapleau for info.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Minnow

Highway 101 is open, according to a news website in the Sault Ste Marie area

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ryNumber=46677
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Minnow

Default Fishing report

I just spent a 3 day weekend at Prairie Bee Camp. The camp was nice for the price, cabin we were in was good, nothing fancy, with hot and cold running water.

The hosts, Tom and Bonnie were very friendly and helpful. He sent us to a spot where we caught fish right away.

Fishing was good first day, poor the second, and somewhere in between the third day. We did not really target walleye as much as I usually do because I just wanted my buddy to catch fish on his first trip to Canada. We used no live bait. I think we caught 6 walleye total all in 10' or less.

They are still working the fire scenes on 101 but they appeared all out.

No problems at all ecxept fo forgetting our paddles to the Portage lake! This appears to be a nice fishery with lots if water to explore.