Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Fort Peck Report - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated! Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Slot Fish

Default Fort Peck fishing

Hello Jim, where are you coming from? The fishing down by the dam has been excellent. Lots of good eaters and lots of big eyes being caught. No messy roads to drive in on. Also Leeches are not ok to cross the boarders for sure, neither are minnows. I think your ok with crawlers but not positive. Practice catch and release on the big boys. Have fun.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Charter Member

Thanks again for the info!! Will be coming from Loveland Colo. Always catch and release Jim
Old 06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Minnow

Default Crooked creek ramp

Crooked creek ramp is usable, but I don't think it would be that great for fishing with all the staine water up there. I have not heard of anyone fishing up there or if they are doing any good.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
motorguide

Trapper John,

Are you still going west from **** Creek or have they started moving east. Much thanks. Do you have your name on your rig so I can say hi when I get up there this weekend?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Minnow

Default Going west

I have been going mostly west, but have had some good luck east also. I don't have my name on the boat, but it is a Ranger 620 in red and white. Good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Keeper

Just curious John, how's the fishing the end of September or so usually? It worth a 1000+ mile round trip for a week of fishing then?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Minnow

i drove 1200 miles 2 fish w/ trapper John......it paid off in 12.5/10 lb/8lb lb northern pike, 10lb 10oz walleye, plus several 13/14/15 inch wallys.....thank you TRAPPER
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Wallhanger

We're going to Fort Peck next weekend for 4 days. I'm planning to run planer boards off a mast with 6 lines, running diving cranks (silver and firetiger) 15-20 feet deep at 3 mph around sutherland and snow creek bays.

Any of you Ft Peck experts have an opinion on this?

Too fast, too deep, wrong bait, wrong place?

I'm not that familiar with the lake, only been there once before and I want to screen water as fast as I can. if I find fish on an easily identifiable structure I'll probably stop and jig leeches and minnows.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

The walleye fishing in Sept. is almost always slow. The warm water takes them deep and scattered and the food sources are your competition. June and July are best.
Thanks Tom from Nevada for coming fishing. I had a great time with you guys. Hope you got into them the next few days. That severe weather probably did not help.
Southerland area has started to pick up. We contour troll with 3 lines off the boat and 2 planer boards. I don't think you will be able to get that close to shore with 6 boards and with the weed problem, you will be fouled a lot. You can get by with the 6 boards out in deep water, but the catch rate will go down. There is a pretty good bite sometimes at night in deep water trolling shallow running cranks in the basin areas as the plankton rises and the ciscos follow the food souirce up. The big walleyes follow.
We had a slow day yesterday. Only 4 small walleyes and 3 small saugers. We lost 2 big fish. I'm not sure what they were. On Monday we caught walleyes at 10.3, 7.5, and several eaters size. All were caught on cranks in 15-20 feet.
Good luck