Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Ranger Trail reverse lights - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers

Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Slot Fish

Exclamation Ranger Trail reverse lights

I love my Ranger Trail-especially the Road Armor. However, I keep having issues with the reverse lights.

I have spoken with the dealer who has informed me that they see a lot of lights burning out due to water intrusion.

My trailer is under warranty for another two years so the lights are replaced under the warranty. However, I would like to find a way to solve this problem for the future.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? The rest of the lights (tail lights, etc.. ) must be sealed because I have NEVER had an issue with one going out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Keeper

Howdy,

I have the same problem with my trailer. In fact, I just lost a light last week. Not only are they not waterproof, they actually seem to hold water long after you get off the lake.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Old 06-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

You can fix them. Heres what I did. My trailer is a '04 model but I think the lights are the same. A large nut is in the inside of fender that holds light. Take it off. Remove the light and unplug the wires. My bulbs had water in them and one was out. I pried off the rubber cap on the back of the assenbly which is held on by silicone. The bulb then unsnaps from inside the assembly. I then cleaned out the lense and made sure it was dry. I replaced the bulbs with new long lasting bulbs from auto store. Put the assembly back together and then siliconed the rubber cap and wire entry liberaly with 3m 5200 sealant. My problems have ceased to exist and no more water. Really wasnt that hard of a job. The hardest part was getting the large nut off the inside of the assemby. Good luck.
Dont put any silicone on the inside of assembly or you will get condensation on lense. Only outside.

Last edited by bloodman; 06-13-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the help Bloodman my is a 07 trailer and lost a back up light last week and havent had time to check on it. but will check and hope that it works for me also, so will be checking it out. Again thanks...
Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the great advice, Bloodman!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Wallhanger

I have a 2008 Ranger Trailer and also had the backup lights go out. They were filled with water and the dealer swapped them out for the new model backup lights. The new version was a much nicer light and was sealed alot better than the original. It looks like Ranger learned to find a better supplier. No cost to swap them out since it was under warranty they exchanged the old for the new.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ellis View Post
I have a 2008 Ranger Trailer and also had the backup lights go out. They were filled with water and the dealer swapped them out for the new model backup lights. The new version was a much nicer light and was sealed alot better than the original. It looks like Ranger learned to find a better supplier. No cost to swap them out since it was under warranty they exchanged the old for the new.

You are correct sir. I have a 2009 and so does my buddy. Both of us have the water in the lights issue. I called Ranger factory and they shipped out two new lights, they are now completely sealed units. I replaced both. Last week I was into the dealer and saw a big pile of the older light (they come in two parts) laying on the floor. Call Ranger and they will send you the new redesigned lights.