Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Value of Alumacraft Magnum 165 CS? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Minnow

Default Value of Alumacraft Magnum 165 CS?

I'm looking at purchasing a 1995 (?) Alumacraft Magnum 165 CS equipped with a 60 hp Mercury and a Shorelander roller trailer. The boat is in average condition, used, but not abused. It comes with a 12V Minnkota Powerdrive trolling motor, depth finder, and fitted cover. I'm not sure what a good price on this boat would be, there aren't very many for sale to compare to. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Minnow

I don't believe the Magnum was even made in 1995 but I could be wrong. I have a 2005 Magnum 165cs (last year it was built) and it's the size of the new 165 Classic but more dressed up. Should be of similar value or greater value to the older generation Navigators but it's built with the wider gunwhales similar to that of the Dominator or Tourmament series. It's a great boat and if the price is right it should be a fine choice.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Minnow

Thane, I believe you're correct. Based on the year of the motor & trailer, the boat I'm looking it is probably a 1997 model year.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

I almost bought a new 2000 Magnum 165 CS w/ a 75 Mercury 2 stroke, trailer for $12,000. Just to give you an idea what they were new. If in fair shape, $5-6K??
Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

Default In my area it's what ever the seller wants for it

I wouldnt think it's worth very much at all being $12k boat new. I wouldnt pay $6k.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Keeper

I just bought a 99 alumacraft magnum 165 cs in the fall with a ****ty little lowrance and a 40 hp 4 stroke merc. Also had a galvanzied bunk trailer and I payed $7000 canadian which at that time seemed like a super good deal compared to anything else I could find used on the market around here. The guys also met me half way at a lake to let me take it for a test run and check everything over. It is a very nice floor plan for me and I love it other then the fact it is way underpowered which will be fixed as soon as I can afford it.

Nate