Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Father & Lac Doda - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up Lac Father & Lac Doda

I was wondering if enyone fishs in the two lacs,if there are outfitters on the lacs. I understand that doda has lakers in it so it must be deep.I was also told the you can access these lacs from the roads? Thanks Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Minnow

Both lakes are readily accessible by road outside of Chapais. There are several private camps located on the lakes. I do not think there are any outfitters servicing this lake but Guy Billedeaux used to have camps there. I was at lake in 2009. I have not caught any Lakers but have not fished for them either.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Wallhanger

Default lac doda

I think that guy still has a lodge on doda also on a lac named gemain,but I am still looking for info, thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 12:57 PM
LTB

Thumbs up Fisherman

I have fished at Lac Father and Lac Doda several times (yes, there are lakers but this is big water). I have fished Lac Germain for about 15 years. These lakes used to be (up to about 6 years ago) strictly fly in lakes, now they are accesible by rough roads (4 wheel only, and I mean 4 wheel). The staging of your gear for the trek down to the lake is no joke. Motors and gas must be humped a good distance. Pray for decent weather and reasonably high water or you won't get away from shore without considerable effort, not to mention the potentially rough (slightly dangerous) ride clear across the lake, in a 14 foot aluminum boat that has seen better days, to the cabin. Cabin has a small propane fridge and little else. No bathroom, no shower, no running water. The cabin is old and in need of serious structural repair. There is no mid week fly over check, so you are basically on your own except for the possibility of a satilite phone. Health issues and motor troubles are a primary concern.

That being said, there is a reason for putting up with this all these years. The fishing is top notch. Several trophy size fish caught over the years. We have never had a single day where we got skunked or haven't caught enough to eat most meals ans still take home our limit. Pay attention to regulations because we have been stopped by Provincial Police on the way out. Guy Bilodeau is no kid but still provides adequate service and I consider him a friend who has provided what was promised.

Please don't misunderstand, we are not a group of Paul Bunyun types but the trip to Germain is an outdoor adventure that you need to be prepared for. All four of us are 55 to 60 years old and still manage quite well. Just know what you are getting into.

PS - We go in early September so the black flies are not usually a major isse. Some mosquitos but not overwhelming. We went one year in June and the flies practically spoiled the week. Yes, they were that bad. I would be more than willing to share information.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up lacs doda , germain

thanks for the info, our group is 55 + old but we still hang in with the best of them.are there any outfitters that fly in there, I know I could get air Tamarac to fly me there, just need a place to stay,do like a shower, pooping out side is ok, don't need the hilton but if its that much work to get in there why not just bring your own tents if you can drive that close to the lakes, we fish Lac Hebert just south of there, see a few planes going over but not many, fishing at lac hebert is very good,if lac doda and germain are not fished heavily they should be great places to fish. I do like to have a good boat to fish out of.If you like e-mail me at octanehi5@aol.com thanks Ron
Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Minnow

There are several primitive but easy boat launches on Father and Doda where the road goes right into the lake. Two of the ones I am aware of are associated with private camps right on the edge of the lake. I do not know what kind of jurisdiction the camp owner has or if he owns the land and boat launch. We paid a small courtesy fee to launch and camp at their "facility." In 2009 we had no trouble whatsoever launching boats. Bilodeau's camp, at least the camp I stayed in 20 years ago, was completely dilapidated and suitable only for an emergency. He may have other camps on Father and Doda that I am unaware of. We had a very hot week in June 2009 and the fishing was not good. Our group has at least 6 trips to these lakes in the past 20 years. We last flew-in in 1988 with Guy. That year we found out you could drive to the lake. As LTB said back then you had to hump boats, motors and gear several hundred yards to the lake. Now you can literally drive right into the lake. We would like to go back again as Father and Doda are usually very good lakes. For now, we are onto other pursuits farther north.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Slot Fish

Default road to doda

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherbo View Post
Both lakes are readily accessible by road outside of Chapais. There are several private camps located on the lakes. I do not think there are any outfitters servicing this lake but Guy Billedeaux used to have camps there. I was at lake in 2009. I have not caught any Lakers but have not fished for them either.
need info on road into doda or father,
Old 04-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Minnow

do you have a number for guy bilodeaux
Old 04-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Minnow

Default lac doda

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherbo View Post
There are several primitive but easy boat launches on Father and Doda where the road goes right into the lake. Two of the ones I am aware of are associated with private camps right on the edge of the lake. I do not know what kind of jurisdiction the camp owner has or if he owns the land and boat launch. We paid a small courtesy fee to launch and camp at their "facility." In 2009 we had no trouble whatsoever launching boats. Bilodeau's camp, at least the camp I stayed in 20 years ago, was completely dilapidated and suitable only for an emergency. He may have other camps on Father and Doda that I am unaware of. We had a very hot week in June 2009 and the fishing was not good. Our group has at least 6 trips to these lakes in the past 20 years. We last flew-in in 1988 with Guy. That year we found out you could drive to the lake. As LTB said back then you had to hump boats, motors and gear several hundred yards to the lake. Now you can literally drive right into the lake. We would like to go back again as Father and Doda are usually very good lakes. For now, we are onto other pursuits farther north.
Do you have a map to the boat launches or directions? Are Guys camps located near the launch?
Old 04-20-2015, 05:22 AM
Wallhanger

I think Guy is out of bussiness, he is not registered with quebec outfitters, to many violations