Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Mercury Quickstor, Quickleen, or Quickare - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Keeper

Default Mercury Quickstor, Quickleen, or Quickare

Alright, went into the local dealership the other day to pick up a bottel of Quickleen for my opti and figured it's not too far away from winterization time so I might as well get a bottle of merc fuel stabilizer at the same time. If I recall correctly my owners manual says something along the lines of adding a couple teaspoons of quickleen and fuel stabilizer directly into the fuel filter and then to run at idel for 5 minutes before storage. of course this is along with the reccomendation to ad a teaspoon or so of DFI oil to each cylinder.

The question that aroses is it appears mercury has changed there product line for these products. They now offer a 3 step product line consisting of Quickare for each fill up, Quickleen for occasional use and cleaning, and quickstor for storage purposes. In addition the dealership tells me merc has 2 more additive products that will be introduced in the next year or so but they didn't have any more info on what they'd be.

My question is what should I be using to replace what my owners manual says to use? Should I be using only the Quickstor or is this just basically the fuel stabilzer and should be mixed with Quickleen for winterization?

Based on what I was told, the new quickleen is formulated differently that the old stuff however I cann't tell any difference in looking at the product other than the bottle has changed. Anybody have any insight on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Wallhanger

Mercury is going to have 5 fuel additives for us to buy? Sheesh!

You may be able to figure out the difference between new and old Quickleen by looking up the MSDS sheets on-line. The new ones must, by law, be available and the old ones never seem to go away.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

A reputable long time Merc tech recommends the following ****tail.

One ounce each of Quickleen, Marine Stabil & Sea Foam for every six gallons of gas.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti-Mist View Post
A reputable long time Merc tech recommends the following ****tail.

One ounce each of Quickleen, Marine Stabil & Sea Foam for every six gallons of gas.

-- Yes, Don is a great resource....

Last edited by PAL; 09-08-2010 at 05:37 PM.