Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Power of Flashers - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Wallhanger

I fished next to Fishnutbobs Vex FL 22 last week. I said hey Bob how come those colors look so faded on that 22 and so bright and crisp on my LX5? Hey Bob how come they still have that buzzing sound like the old FL8s did...cant they fix that? Hey Bob how come you cant get rid of that interference on your Vex next to my Marcum? Hey Bob where are those made? Taiwan? Bob said you Marcum guys should fish together and leave us Vex guys alone.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Wallhanger

Bob your color blind thats why need I saw more and next time dont forget your rods at the cabin when we travel 12 miles to your hot spots LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

Im not color blind but sometimes forgetful.lol
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Minnow

Sonar interference is only a problem for you folks fishing in a crowd.

Also good to note, no BS..that more power, means more noise in the water from the transducer. It actually affects the crappies and perch to a degree as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky Boy View Post
Also good to note, no BS..that more power, means more noise in the water from the transducer. It actually affects the crappies and perch to a degree as well.
Sorry to disagree, but that is complete B.S. The sonar companies do lots of testing and the frequencies they use are not detectable by the fish. In other words, the fish have no idea if you're running a sonar over them or not, regardless of how many watts it's putting out.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Minnow

...and you believe them? They'd never sell another flasher if they agreed.

....anyways, field proven and true....i catch more fish with the machine turned off than i do turned on....at least for the pan fish. A few other folks i know agree.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Minnow

Sorry, tries to edit, but it didn't let me.

...anyways, my reasoning here is the more powerful the unit, the louder the ducer. A Marcum is louder than a Vexilar. I run an FL-20. In a tent, i can hear the tick, tick, tick of the ducer. It radiated the sound through the water, spooking wary fish in shallower depths (<20'). Call me nuts, but it's true.

I'm not saying you won't catch fish, i'm saying you'll have a harder time.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Keeper

You're nuts because the rotor on the Vex would be humming away louder than the clicking from the Marcum.

As it goes, if you can hear the noise with your ear, the fish will hear it as well. Sometimes the fish care, sometimes they don't. Got enough trout and pike swimming up the hole to check things out, just boggles my mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.