Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Eagle Fish Elite 480 Combo - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Minnow

Default Eagle Fish Elite 480 Combo

I am looking to update some old equipment, I am new to this "chip stuff", need a little help. Bass Pro has this on sale, anyone have any info? Do I need a chip for this to work in Lake Michigan? I have an old gps antenna-compatable or just replace it? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Keeper

Default Eagle fish elite 480 combo

I am new at this, but looking at same unit and Humminbird 581i, if you pay tax from bass pro and shipping the Humminbird no, and cost is $310. In my research you have to buy chip map for both. If Navionics it will cost $150 or so and if you want computer software to use with it, another $125. Both units have built in maps but have read neg on both. It get confusing and alot of guys spend big bucks on these units. Let me know what you decide and why. Right now I am leaning towards the Humminbird since marine shop set they are good to work with and it seem a good unit and company.