Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
priced a 2011 lowe fm 175dc today - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Minnow

Default priced a 2011 lowe fm 175dc today

$19,800 out the door including a $2k manufacturer rebate (expires end of march). So after March it will be pushing 22k and thats without any options or upgrades. Is this priced about right or is it a little high ??? I thought Lowe was more affordable . Motor was a 115 merc . Local dealer is new to the Lowe brand so I'm wondering about their pricing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Wallhanger

I think the price is in the ballpark. You should state what model the boat and motor is and if you have a basic or custom trailer.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Wallhanger

Sounds ballpark but check with Cabela's in terms of pricing. I walked through a 17 Lowe F&S that was
about 19,000 before haggling. I previously owned a 93 Lowe 17 and new Lowe seemed better built.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Wallhanger

If I recall correctly, in 2008, I paid $18.5k for a 2008 FM175DC with 90 Optimax, the usual features such as cheap Lowrance, 55 motorguide,etc. and a few options such as swim platform/ladder, duo-bank battery charger, decent cover, installed spare, am/fm/cd player, transom saver. At the time, I think Alumacraft was several $K more and Lund was way out there, both brands beyond my budget. I shopped around online and local, finally drove many hours to Indiana Cabelas for my deal.

Look around. Lowe is decent, but there are several other decent brands such as Crestliner, Starcraft, Alumacraft, Lund, and more. These are tough times; should be good deals.

Compare your deal with Tracker online prices: A 2011 TRACKER Pro Guide V-175 WT w/ 115 XL OptiMax is $21k out the door with freight/tax, more for a 4 stroke. Compare features. I considered Lowe to be a step above Tracker for layout, desired options, and quality, but times and opinions differ and spring is coming.

I sure like my FM. Nice deep bow and good sized cockpit for Erie.

Last edited by ohiojmj; 02-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Minnow

I own a FM165 w/a 75 4 stroke. Your price seems in the area. Is your 115 a 4stroke or optimax? Cabela's is the place to go on pricing. Higher volume sales will mean lower prices usually. I would upgrade your electronics to something better. They can move your counsel mount locator to the bow. I would replace it with a much better on. I would also think about upgradding your trolling motor to at least a 24 volt 80lbs system. There should be room for the additional battery which is what I did with my 165. Have had mine new since 06 and fish northern Minnesota most of the summer and love the boat. I do think if your decent it is the best value for the price. Too much cash is spent paying for the Lund name. Tracker makes a great boat but I don't know to much about how they fair at trade in time. Hope it helps.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Minnow

thanks for all the comments, the motor was a 115 verado. same price for the xs pro . I was just thinking about the top set ,vinyl floor ,extra seat, upgraded electronics. figure on another couple grand for all that. I wish we had a cabela's boat center close to southern va. I'm just trying to save a few bucks,and still get the deep v and walk through windshield. Not a lot of those to pick from down here in the south..anyway ,still looking...
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

I know Tracker doesn't get much good feedback, but I was at a show last week, looking at 17 footers. Tracker, Lowe, Alumacraft, Princecraft, and possibly one other. Personally, I think Tracker had the best layout for a fishing boat. 8 foot rodlockers under each gunwale, with another rodlocker that went up under the center of the front deck. Nice big livewell going across the stern forward of the raised deck pedestal seat. Another smaller livewell forward. Both had bait buckets. A roomy compartment under the deck down the center of the boat. It also has a 25" transom which is nice on a 17 footer. I think Tracker had the other beat hands down for layout. The fit and finish looked excellent also. It was also priced less than any of the others when you considered it came equiped with a D/F, MK Powerdrive bowmount, folding trailer tongue, CD player and radio.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Keeper

A little bit of info about LOWE. I had at one time a really old sea-nymph, 84 to be exact. I bought the boat used and it had one of the back corner brackets missing from a really bad docking experience. After owning the boat a couple years, the bracket on the the other side came up myseriously missing as well (yea it was my fault). I tried to contact the manufactuer in an attempt to purchase a couple and found out that sea-nymph was now Lowe. I contacted Lowe and explained my story, they told me that they had no records of that boat and had no clue what the corners looked like. I sent pictures to a gentleman by the name of Scott Rogers and he sent me replacement corners free of charge. I thanked him and told him that my next boat would be a Lowe. Unfortunatley I told a lie and do not currently own a Lowe, but I can say that my experience with their customer service was outstanding!!! Scott went out of his way to help me when he really didn't need to do anything for me and my self induced problem.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I know Tracker doesn't get much good feedback, but I was at a show last week, looking at 17 footers. Tracker, Lowe, Alumacraft, Princecraft, and possibly one other. Personally, I think Tracker had the best layout for a fishing boat. 8 foot rodlockers under each gunwale, with another rodlocker that went up under the center of the front deck. Nice big livewell going across the stern forward of the raised deck pedestal seat. Another smaller livewell forward. Both had bait buckets. A roomy compartment under the deck down the center of the boat. It also has a 25" transom which is nice on a 17 footer. I think Tracker had the other beat hands down for layout. The fit and finish looked excellent also. It was also priced less than any of the others when you considered it came equiped with a D/F, MK Powerdrive bowmount, folding trailer tongue, CD player and radio.
I like the tracker deep V's and we have a local dealer . I priced the 17 footer in 09 and quote was 27k. I have'nt priced tracker since then so I dont know how they are now.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Wallhanger

Default I think new lowes and trackers same boats?

I would spend little extra for lowe if it came with nicer looking paint colors and interior finishes. Most Trackers are below other boats in plastics and carpet. I found a boat new I wanted but red is about only color I dont want.