Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Kansas Walleye? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Minnow

Default Kansas Walleye?

Anyone here started picking up any walleye in KS, post spawn?
Also, anyone have any info for me on El Dorado/Cheney? I'm new to Wichita and wouldn't mind having a little info on the lake...where to start anyhow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Minnow

pulled 10 to 12 today at Wilson lake 16 to 21 inches brother is catching some at cheney
Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Minnow

Thanks Monte.

You fish Wilson quite a bit? My brother and I have fished it forever. It's a great lake if the wind cooperates.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Minnow

Default Glen Elder

Anyone having any luck at Glen Elder, I'm heading there on Saturday but havent fished it this early in the year before.
thanks

Brian Bashore
NPAA #863
Thewalleyeguys@hotmail.com
bashoreb@hotmail.com
Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Minnow

One of my buddies fished off of one of the rock bluffs??? about a week ago and hit a 21 incher his first cast. Had another good one on the next cast, but broke off. Had a third about a dozen casts later, and broke his rod. He was done fishing for the rest of the day. He was just dinking around between turkey hunts. I have no idea where he was...I've never been on the lake. Let me know how you do up there.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Minnow

I'm hitting Clinton tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Minnow

Picked up two 19" fish. Still slow in eastern KS. Supposed to be very good in western KS right now.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Minnow

Lovewell has been getting much better with the warmer weather. I will be giving that a shot on Friday, and baring heavy winds, Glen Elder Saturday - Sunday. The kicker with Glen Elder is the big crappies, along with eyes.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Minnow

Default Glen Elder

Hit Glen Elder on Saturday did pretty good, kept a couple nice walleyes and tossed back a handfull. Caught some big crappies as well. Trolled all day and had several short strikes or pop offs (big hits). Should be really good this next two weeks.

Brian Bashore
NPAA #863
Thewalleyeguys@hotmail.com
bashoreb@hotmail.com
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Slot Fish

Caught a 21" walleye at hillsdale lake a week ago trolling a roadrunner and minnow by the dam. that was the only one though. I think it was just a female hanging out after the spawn. Very slow but I havent been out there since.

I have been out at my home lake in Kansas - Lake Kahola, the post spawn bite has been really good even with the weird weather. no problem catching limits of 15 -17" fish all over the lake in 5 - 8 ft. the bite will get really strong once we get some steady S winds on the mud flats. we troll shad raps and spinners and have 100 fish days during the spring. The surface temp is around 60 degrees. The two largest fish so far there have been just over 20" which is kind of dissappointing

This lake is kind of a freak and not the best measurement of KS walleye fishing but hope it helps some.

I love to see some KS walleye talk on this blog!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.