Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Live Bait Tanks - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Wallhanger

Default Thought I should Answer You

What I will be doing with it is having in the boat this fall for redtails and creek chubs. I want to take the minnows from my aeration tank system in the shop to a tank in the boat leaving them there while I fish and then bringing them back to the aeration system in the shop. Currently I four five gallon pails of water in the box of my pickup in which I put flow troll minnow buckets into while transporting, then when on the lake fill the livewell and put the flow trolls into the livewells for the day of fishing. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripehunter View Post
Be careful what tanks you look at. Many of the 'original' sunshine/creek bank/vest type designs are for keeping shad/herring. Those baits require a circular flow to stay happy, as they must swim to keep breathing. The circular flow allows them to swim in place like a lap pool. For other baits like trout, fatheads, shiners, etc. that circular flow may be too much and stress them. If not keeping shad/herring, the current greyline design would be the best of the 3 (and the least effective at keeping shad, unless you add another pump to make the flow circular).

The best answer is, what you need depends on what kind of bait you are keeping, how many, and how long you need to keep them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Minnow

Superbait tank by Ron Vest in my opinion is the best, Keeps shad alive for days.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

Default Dialed in

i think i am getting this all dialed in but i have a question. On one of my posts someone replied they added foam to a cooler by using the spray and drilling holes to help the insulation qualites of the cooler has anyone done this. When I get my system set up I will share what i did. thanks