Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Weekend trip to Erie Pa waters. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Minnow

Default Weekend trip to Erie Pa waters.

Heading up with brother this weekend 8/20. Probably launch from walnut. Any info on the walleye bite? Last year this time was descent out in 1st and 2nd trench. Any good update would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

No doubt someone will respond here, but if you want up to date info I would check out OGF.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...splay.php?f=11
Old 08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the link Pezman. Lots of good info there for sure.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Keeper

Short

I will be out there this Sat too, I will be fishing out of Lampe Marina (Presque Isle). Hopefully this report can be of some help to you. We fished a tournament 2 weeks ago here in PA waters (We fished out of Lampe, some fished out Walnut).

3 of us fished for 3 days for the annual EPSFA event. We did ok-took 13th place out of 33 boats. It was a tough pick at times for us.

We got 11 fish Friday, 8 on Saturday, and 9 on Sunday. No hogs for us, our average fish was around 5.5 lbs for the tourney.

We ran both East and West of the point and started in 75fow and worked out until 95 fow. Majority of our fish were caught either on meat/harnesses or Renosky stick baits. All but a few fish were taken on big dipseys, the boards just weren't producing for us. We did get a few on 40 jets way back off the boards-350' back, but that was about it.

We marked and caught some fish higher up in the water column down around 35ft down, but most of the fish that we pulled were down between 50-60ft.

It seemed like all the big limits came out near the Canadian/PA line in probably 110fow-115fow. I didn't feel like making the 16 mile run in my small boat for fear the weather might turn nasty.

I can't say what the hot program over towards the trenches was, but the above report is what we found. Talking with alot of the captains and fisherman, it seemed the best bait was harnesses and meat.

Hope that helps...If you decide to venture East on Sat look around for the older Red 19ft Ranger or give me a shout on the vhf channel 68. My handle is Eye Ranger.

Matt
Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Minnow

Thanks for the info eye ranger. We'll shout at ya.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovgren69 View Post
Short

I will be out there this Sat too, I will be fishing out of Lampe Marina (Presque Isle). Hopefully this report can be of some help to you. We fished a tournament 2 weeks ago here in PA waters (We fished out of Lampe, some fished out Walnut).

3 of us fished for 3 days for the annual EPSFA event. We did ok-took 13th place out of 33 boats. It was a tough pick at times for us.

We got 11 fish Friday, 8 on Saturday, and 9 on Sunday. No hogs for us, our average fish was around 5.5 lbs for the tourney.

We ran both East and West of the point and started in 75fow and worked out until 95 fow. Majority of our fish were caught either on meat/harnesses or Renosky stick baits. All but a few fish were taken on big dipseys, the boards just weren't producing for us. We did get a few on 40 jets way back off the boards-350' back, but that was about it.

We marked and caught some fish higher up in the water column down around 35ft down, but most of the fish that we pulled were down between 50-60ft.

It seemed like all the big limits came out near the Canadian/PA line in probably 110fow-115fow. I didn't feel like making the 16 mile run in my small boat for fear the weather might turn nasty.

I can't say what the hot program over towards the trenches was, but the above report is what we found. Talking with alot of the captains and fisherman, it seemed the best bait was harnesses and meat.

Hope that helps...If you decide to venture East on Sat look around for the older Red 19ft Ranger or give me a shout on the vhf channel 68. My handle is Eye Ranger.

Matt
5.5 pounds, and thats a bad thing....lol
Old 08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Minnow

Not Bad...Fished from sunrise till about 9:30 am in the 2nd trench. Boated 3 lost a couple. Nice size fish 8, 6 and a 3 pounder. Then we headed into the bay for some bass fishing. That was a bust. Caught the 2 big walleye on watermellon double willow leaf crawler rigs on dipseys down about 50ft in 60-70 fow and the smaller one on a barely naked RR back 200ft with 3oz snap weight. Lots of fish on the finder. Heard others talking about the size of the walleyes. Everyone seemed to be catching hogs saturday. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Keeper

Default Report 8/20

We got a late start, but my g/f and I fished the lake from 8 till 1. We caught 5 walleyes (4-8lbs), and 2 steelhead. My g/f got her first ever Lake steelhead, and I got my personal best steelhead to boot.

We didn't get measurements on the big hoss, but I'm thinking it was 33-34 inches and 12+ lbs. We didn't even bother with the big boards, we fished 4 dipsey lines all day. We had out best success between 98-104 ft straight north of the point.

Renosky chattersticks accounted for 3 eyes and 1 steel, harnesses & meat took 2 eyes, and stinger spoon took 1 eye and the big steelhead.

Here's a couple shots of the 2 chromers we got that day.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...rsteelhead.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...msteelhead.jpg
Old 08-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Minnow

Good job. That is a giant steelie.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Minnow

A pic of the 8lb erie eye.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...hole/photo.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.